Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Boy Howdy -- We finally have some decent weather along the shore here, and does it feel wonderful!! - No heat/humidity/dampness everywhere, just a sweet gentle breeze coming off the Sound, making the leaves in the trees sound like little whispers. And now their coloring is becoming more apparant (sp) everyday. Just Wonderful, I'm tellin' ya!!

>> And on the other front -- I'm still having trouble getting pictures to download on my blog, thus why you haven't seen our very nice little bathroom cabinet, or some of the flowers on the Rose of Sharon, that are STILL blooming. For Real!! - And too, I wanted to show off one of the frames that I bought at a thrift store the other week, but take my word for it - in the 80's, it was just the THING to have -- with the pinks and greens -- oh yeah -- but now it's slowly being transformed into a better looking frame - bits of the dark stain just barely visible, and a slight coat of white along the sides. Very Antique looking -- which is just fine.

Plus, that means that I don't have to work my poor little fingers to the BONE getting all the coats of paint JUST RIGHT and EVEN - kinda like drawing a straight line - mine always go off on a weird angle, looking like somebody had a bad hangover. NO - not me, those days are looong over, thank you very much!! But my straight lines sometimes look that way - even with the use of a ruler....go figure..

Noah's been getting the exterior of the cabin all ship shape before the onset of full-on winter - got a lot of the little cracks and nicks along the windows all filled in with putty, and now is getting primer set up along the edges of all the frames of said windows - there was only bare wood - no wonder I could feel the cold seeping in thru the walls and windows all last winter!! - There was no nothing to keep the cold out!! Ack! - So, even tho Noah bumped his head and made it bleed (Give 'er one for the Gipper!!) he's still out on the ladder, painting and sanding and making sure we don't have leakiee windows anymore. I thot some of the work hadn't been done by the previous owner, but didn't wanna say anything. Well, noah went out last week while he was doing some other work, an' lo and behold, he sees what Hadn't been done! - Whoa!! -

Never a Dull Moment here!!

I'm feeling much better today - not so tired as I've been in the last week - so that seems to mean that the meds that the Dr. gave me on my birthday are working. Thank Heavens!! - I hated to miss church on sunday, but there was no strength in this ol' girls body That Day - Whoo--iiee, it was ugggly!! So now there's no excuse to get things Done!!

And with that, I'm off to get Work Done - an' hopefully figure out how to show off my frames - Doncha just love thrift stores??!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: