Saturday, December 26, 2009


"Fly In Your Heart" ~~ 2009 Spring Bay Studio

Here's one of the pieces that just got finished before the bulk of the Holiday Madness descended on us -- I had fun playing with a group of pens that had been sitting around the work table -- and then I also had to mess with some papers that just cried out to be added in with the fun.


Now the "Holiday Hangover" begins -- Let me say first off, that there is no ACTUAL hangover, just the feeling of being tired, run-over and the overwhelming sense that there was something that happened, but I'm not sure what it was.

Actually it was a lot of fun - I don't think I've laughed as much or as hard as I did during Christmas Day ~~ My middle & oldest were absolutely a HOOT - the oldest kept trying to tell me that some of my very old, worn-out utensils were "GROSS!!" 'cause they've seen far better days, and there fore they need to be thrown away. Hey, look, those were FREE at a yard sale, an' who can do something like THROWING AWAY something that didn't cost one thin dime?!!

And during his rant/lecture, the middle one was feebly trying to find, in order, the bottle opener, a measuring spoon, (or spoons), looking for a potholder, trying to see if the dishes got washed in the dishwasher and several other things, all at the same time, and himself, keeping a non-stop commentary on the Whole Expedition...

I had tears in my eyes, I started to choke from laughing so hard, and once the laughter got so bad, then the oldest got even louder, saying, "IT'S NOT FUNNY"..

Which of course, made me laugh even harder...

And that was all before 1 p.m. in the afternoon...

No wonder I feel worn out!! ~~ Ha! ~~

So now, I'm going to start putting together one of the collages that I've been cutting papers into squares, triangles and other odd shapes for - I've fallen in love with the package of papers I bought from 7Gypsies...yummy colors that combine so beautifully with other packages I've bought. Not the same company, but somehow 7Gypsies seems to have a knack of making their colors blend pretty seamlessly with other companies. I'm not one to try to figure it out...all I know is that they go together realy well, and that's all that matters!!

OOP ~ TheHusband is back - lawdy mamma, I better go find out what kind of damage he's done to the checking account....yikes...


Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Laughter is the best!! Makes the heart Merry, indeed. :0) I love your collage..I love dabbling with the pens, papers and all that stuff as a young child I took for granted....now as an adult (oh, well technically, but not in my heart I'll always be a little girl..hehe) I cherish all the gadgets and supplies I've gathered for playtime! :0)

Hugs,
Stephanie

LadyTulip said...

Oh Stephanie, how right you are!! ~~ I try not to let bad things pull me down, and try to laugh as much as possible!!

Have a Great Weekend!!

L.