Monday, December 28, 2009


One of the newer pieces from the little work table - "Untitled" - 2009 ~~ Spring Bay Studio ~~

I just love the way the papers blended together nicely with this one ~~ I tried to find some other colors at the Art Store a few weeks before, but the cost for the papers I REALLY wanted were so steep that it about made me dizzy. They were absolutely drop dead gorgeous tho, so it almost-sorta-made up for the cost.

Just that some of the household bills were due, and it's sorta hard to tell the electric company that the reason you didn't pay the bill was because you fell in love with some blenders papers, and they had you by the throat on Isle 9 in the Art & Craft Store...

Either the receptionist would think you've lost your mind, or she's never going to step foot in said Ar & Craft store...thinking there are horrid and frightening things going on that she'd rather not encounter.


Which is fine, 'cause then there'd be more papers for sale that I could grab when the $$ were actually in the checking account!! Ha!!

But anyway, while the project over on the table is drying with the first coat of papers and matte medium, I'm getting ready to cut out little flowers..they have a wonderful gold sheen to them, and they'll look pretty good against the darket blues and grey-greens that I've just put on the canvas. The little flowers were on some paper that I bought some years ago (helps to look in the storage boxes every now & then to see what's hiding on the bottom...sheesh...) but I couldn't ever figure out what to do with gold edged flowers. Boy, what was I thinking??!! There are so many things, but I guess my brain wasn't in the right gear at the time.

But now all things are coming together, and it's time to get them into Party Mode...No, not because it's almost New Years Eve ~~ Tho I'm sure there are some people who would take that excuse and run with it. I'm about the last person who'd be a Party~Hardy type on the eve of the new year...Look, it takes me over 2 weeks to go thru a lousy 6-pack of beer, thats how "Party" I am!! Tom & Noah and the other 2 always make fun of me, tellin' me "Boy, your the party animal..." Whoo- Raww!! Tha's right, let's go get crazy...

Fat Chance!!

But anyway...where was I ??!! ~~ OH ~~ Yeah, the paper ~~ Yup, it looks like it just wants to jump up and dance the night away, so it's put me in a pretty good mood..even tho The Husband called earlier and said he had a flat tire in the parking lot of 7-11 while getting gas....sheesh...

I'm Gone...


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Krystin Clark-Goodsell said...

Love the colours of this one Lauri! And the contrast of the rust coloured square? Beautiful!

LadyTulip said...

Why thank you! ~~ I enjoyed putting this together. Took my time an' let the canvas tell me what to do. Glad you like it!

L.

Janet said...

The colors are gorgeous! I can see why you fell in love with these papers.