Friday, December 18, 2009


~~ "Beach" ~~ 2009 Spring Bay Studio

Here's another one of the canvases I finished this week - got it done before I had to get ready for a couple events with our church ~ There are so many things in this piece, but it felt good to get them all Over it! - It makes me feel like goin' over to the Outer Banks an' just doin' nothing for the next 5 months -

I'm trying to finish some little christmas projects - I know they were supossed to get put in the mail way before today, but the thing is ~ Where is that RUSH that one gets when the DEADLINE is just looming over the head? ~ Certainly not there if you know you've got something like 10 days ~ Oh No~~ The fun thing is to wait 'till the very very Last Minute, then work like a Mad-Man, and let the full-on PANIC descend on you like a herd of cattle ~ Well, maybe not the cattle, but the rush business is definetly the part you need to get things DONE!!

I have no idea how I'm going to wrap the things I'm making, let alone get them into a box that's going to arrive at it's destination SAFELY ~ Oh, I know the Post Office sez they take every safety measure possible to make sure your christmas packages arrive safely..Look, I rode with The Husband in his tractor - trailer for a few years, and I KNOW what those distribution centers and warehouses look like inside...to say that it's a miracle more people aren't smooshed under huge boxes is an understatement, let alone say that the packages themselves are full of breakable items.

The breakable items sometimes don't stand a chance, if Bob is working the forklift, and is in a bad mood 'cause his girlfriend just left him for her old high-school sweetheart...so Said Bob is taking his anger out on those poor defenseless boxes he's supossed to be "Careful" with..

Ok, that was a little bit of a rant on why boxes don't always get to their destination the way they should...

But that's not really what I wanted to talk about ~

I'm trying (tho badly) to say that I NEED to get my work done that is Christmas Gifts, but instead, I've gotten interupted 3 times by text messages from our oldest son...gotten a phone call from a friend, who sez I need to wait 3 more days to have the stitches taken out where the vet sewed up The Dog..an also the walking back & forth down the hall to the dining room, where the wood stove is, and it's 15 degrees warmer than it is back here in the studio...

But I Shall Persevere~~ or however that word is spelled ~ You get the idea, tho, right>?

Must Paint!!

I'm Gone..........


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: