Monday, December 21, 2009

~~ Ok, so now photo today ~~ Tha's cause it's just too darn cold for me to go out and get the pictures of all the little teeny birds that are now flitting all OVAH the yard this morning. Most of them will only be here for the winter, as it's just wayyyyyyy too cold where they live during the Spring & Summer seasons ~ Canada and other points north from here.

We live in a Wildlife Sanctuary, so there is no killing of any animals thruout the neighborhood. And so, that means that all the migratory birds have a Field Day, knowing they are safe and sound for the Winter. And much warmer here than where they flew in from.

That being said, yes, we did have that wonderful weekend storm, where it tried really really hard to snow - even along the shore here...but the weather did something weird, and the snow ended up landing just north of us - not all that far, but far enuf that we only saw pictures of it on the evening news. People saying "Would ya believe it!?" ~ Or, "Boy, it's a cold one, huh?"

People resort to basic speech when they walk outside and see their house under 2 feet of snow for the first time in something like 45 years...


Ok, maybe not THAT long, but when it hits like a sledgehammer the way it did over the weekend, people do DO get a little shell-shocked over the whole thing.

We just went shopping in the rain, got my old tennis shoes good & soaked, and once home, realized that where the sole has seperated from the bottom of the shoe...well, funny thing, it LEAKS - but that will give me reason to go and but something NEW this next weekend..AFTER the christmas Rush-Buy-After-Christmas-Sales is over an' done.

But, we got a couple things - well, actually, Tom got a gift card from his work, so with that I made a bee line to buy some basics (But never think to buy them with our own money, know what I mean?) - Slippers and socks ~~ on sale @ Penny's ~ Then argued with tom over what he wants for christmas ("Nooo, don't get me anything, I don't need anything, I'll be FINE without anything...) so feeling a headache the size of an island coming on, I made him drive me over to Big Lots where I went nearly into a dancing fit - lots and lots of Art and Craft supplies for Crazy prices...$1.50 for some fabric ribbon..denim with little teeny beads in the shape of flowers..some Grungeboard pieces, also for $1.50 -

I MEAN ~~ How could I NOT buy these things? ~~ An' since The Husband was in his "Oh Woe is Me" phase, and giving me no clue on Christmas Wishes..I said The He** with it, and grabbed as many craft/Art supplies that I could carry in me little hands. Heaven, that's what it is !! To be able to find those supplies you've been moping over, wishing you could afford them, an' then in nothing short of a Miracle on Isle 5, there they are..and for LESS THAN $4.00 EACH --

I love good Art Sales, don't you?

And now back to what I was talking about...uhmm..

I don' remember what I had been talking about.

So, I'm going to go and mess with some of the little supplies I found on Saturday..and try to finish the last christmas gift I've been dancing around for the last week...

But I'm secretly hoping I can find a way back to the town so I can go back to BigLots an' grab some more of those grungeboard pieces before they'll all disappear....Hee Hee!!!!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: