Tuesday, December 15, 2009


"Free To Be Me!" ~~ 2009 ~~ Spring Bay Studio

I was sitting on the floor the other day, going thru some of my storage boxes, deciding whether or not to throw away more of the old canvases I'd discovered not too long ago. Some were just so bad, I threw them back in the box, deciding that there will be another day to go thru those.

Some of those that were bad, but looked like they had potential to be re-made, were put into another pile, and from these, this particular canvas got a second life. It's first was so bad, that the Warden had to be called in to review the file on the thing ~ I mean, it was a real crime how bad that thing originally looked.

But with a little bit more color, some markers and beads, fibers and fabric, I think I've brought it back to life. There wasn't much the Warden could say on this one,'cept maybe to go ahead and grant parole ~ The thing had had better days ahead, and it was all agreed that this would be the Day of Freedom. ~~ Thus the title, "Free To Be Me" ~~ Clever? ! Shhurreee.....

There is another piece sorta loose and crazy like this one, over on the table drying. And I've got one done that is somewhat less crazed, but still has that feeling of going out on a limb ~ And instead of falling off the cliff, it's gone ahead and started floating in the sky, releasing all it's pent up anger, stiffness and dullness ~~ Gone on to where it's gonna be experiencing Fun, Freedom, and lots more than sitting in a corner and being a wallflower.

That's what the holidays can do to a person...make your brain just sorta short-circuit and do what it wants to do, instead of doing all Those Things that "They" say to do ~~ Go buy THIS!! ~~ Go get THAT!! ~~ BUY THIS RIGHT THIS INSTANT OR I'M TELLING YOUR MOTHER!!!

Maybe it's just that little streak I've got that sez Ta H*** wid it ~ I'm goin' to do THIS whether you like it or not.

Kinda like wearing spats when you know you should really be wearing Sensible Shoes..

So, with all that, I'm off to get another layer of paint on the existing paint that I just spent 2 hours on...I seem to be getting my wind back, after yesterday's horrid news. A good slap on the head always does wonders for a person ~ gives ya a better outlook on Life. ~~

I'm Gone ~


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: