Saturday, June 14, 2008

"After Walking The Dog" 2008

this is a shot of our new dining room!! Just to the left you can see the nice little wood stove and the brickwork behind it -- the work of the mantle is just right, and the white paint has been renewed since I took this picture. The pile of fabric on the one dining room chair are some curtains that I got for free!! This is so Weird! -- the curtains were in a bag in the attic of the house we just moved out of. The fabric hadn't look all that great to me, so I just ignored the bag and contents 'till just after we got the truck unpacked, and started getting things put away. The bag of curtains had been left on the driveway, gotten a little damp from some rain, and then got drug into the laundry room. THEN I decided to take a good look at them, and discovered that they were the Exact color I wanted for the front room...and that they are a pair of quite expensive curtains...the previous owner must have gotten the pair on sale, as the price tag was still on the bag -- $35 for each set...panels and valance. I could not believe my good fortune! So now tom has to hang some new curtain rods, and the fabulous curtains will cheer up the front room

I've also got some new plants for the front flower bed..the previous owner had planted TONZ of daylilies...I'll post some pictures of some of the beds of flowers he'd planted tomorrow. Some of the types the owner planted are Quite expensive, and it looks like he just went crazy planting them all over the yard. There is one bed where the flowers are as tall as me -- an' I'm 5'4" -- so that gives you an idea of how the flower bed just covers one side of the yard. Very cheerfull to see first thing in the morning. I bought some lavender plants today, along with some Sweet William -- I've had those type of plants at our other house, and they are such good perinnials that I couldn't pass up the sale price at the hardware store. There is also a local nursery just down the highway, so I asked tom if we could go next saturday and see what there is. Ilike paying for plants to a local grower much more than a chain store, but today I didn't have any choice but to get plants from a warehouse store. They do look good tho, and will enhance the large flower bed and be happy with the shade from lots of hardwoods especially in the afternoon.

I've got a project underway already!! The move has gotten me feeling much Much more relaxed, and somewhat recooperated from the horrid dealings with the real estate agent we had in the city...it's too nasty to go into here, but I'll talk about that later..as for the project, it's just about at the lay-out stage, and some painting will get done tomorrow..after i get some pictures of the flower beds that have just started blooming...i'll stick tom out there so you can get an idea of how tall the flowers are, an' see what The Husband looks like...he Does look like Santa Claus...

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to sara bounce around out in the kitchen..i think she just came in from her walk with noah...or is it she just got thru dragging noah down the dirt road??

No comments: