Monday, June 30, 2008


A happy hydrangea -- Snug Harbor '08

This picture was taken just when my cheerful little plant was getting the blooms going right when the temperatures started to climb up out of the 70's -- Since this picture was taken it's gone thru a lot of blooms, and seems to be quite a bit more cheerful since I soaked it last weekend after some 6 days of 90 degree temperatures. Now it's back to looking like this picture, instead of drooping and looking morose..

And no, I probably didn't spell that word right either, but that's jus' TOO BAD --

Ok -- so Anyway -- Tom & I went down Ocean Highway yesterday to a small Art Festival and had quite a good time -- there weren't too many people there, so we didn't have to battle crowds, so That was a plus...and we had a nice time chatting with some of the artists and ooh-ing and aahh-ing over different techniques that people explained they used in the making of their particular Art Form. The wind was coming off of the water, so that helped in keeping it somewhat cool, but it was still over 90. We had to leave and go get into a cool little restraunt and grab something COLD to drink..non alchoholic (I just can't spell worth a lick today...) so we wouldn't be feeling loopy with the heat. We had a quiet drive back home, and waited for the rain to hit. Got all READY for a storm that was supossed to hit...and Absolutely Nothing Happened. Got all worked up an' nothin' happened...Nothing. Blah.

Today it's been cooler Thank Heavens, and we've had rain off and on -- I'm not kidding when I say that Noah's green bean patch popped up after the rain and looks like they all grew 3 inches higher. It's a wonder what a good soaking rain can do. And of course little Miss Sara went into a Fit because there were 3 hits of lightening & thunder, so she was beside herself. I had had the front door open and letting in the light thru the storm door, but since Sara has discovered how to pop open the back storm door with her big body, I decided to Not take a chance on here doing that with the front storm door, and ran out of the studio and got the front door closed before anything happened. She really gave me this hateful glare, like she knew I'd kept her from bolting out of the house...little Brat!! Sometimes she acts more like a 2-year old than any of my sons did when they WERE 2 years old...an' I don't know how she does it...

I've got a couple projects in the works while I'm writing this...waiting for some paint to dry and then in the morning I can put together a serene collage that I've been piecing since saturday. I took some time off of it 'cause I'd been stuck on one portion of the piece..in the absolute center of the thing, and I felt like it just didn't look right. So off to do something else, and with a little break away from the piece, I was able to come back to it this morning and take a fresh look at it -- it seemed Really obvious then!! Why that happens, I'll never know!!

Gotts to run -- checking on a couple things in the kitchen and the back yard...never do 2 things at the same time when you can do 3...sheesh...

Lady of The Tulips - listening to Noah mow the grass with a new mower his Father bought...Don't get me goin' on that thing..no, no, no...

No comments: