Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"M" Spring Bay Studio 2008


Just got this piece re-worked and finished just this last weekend. I'd hoped to get online sooner than this, but there have been storms off and on for the past 4 days, and every time I'd wanted to get near the computer, it would start rumbling and rattling away up in the sky, and I decided that it wouldn't do to try and test the electronics in the house, let alone try and see if I could light myself up with the computer and the lightening...


There hasn't been too much else going on, 'cept just workin' on gettin' this piece done, and I've got another one that got finished yesterday just before a small thunderstorm blew in off the Sound. I had just stood up from my work table, and had looked across the dirt road at the tree line and realized that the trees were really starting to bend in the wind. Then the bolt's started getting closer and Louder...So I figured it'd be good to shut things down, go out in the kitchen and gather things up that were near the open windows and make sure there weren't any items outside that could go blowing down the street. And after getting all that done, the storm just sorta puttered out and I decided the $^#^& with it and made dinner...may as well have somethin' to show for all the work done in the kitchen, right?

Tom's been driving up and down Interstate 95 the past couple dayz -- Saturday he got some extra work in by getting an empty refrigerated container box to a warehouse/factory that ships frozen pork products overseas. Tom had a load of pork casings..those were going to China and then yesterday he drove back down to the same place, but picked up some other form of pork product...needless to say those trips have made him a little more tired. The weekend trips on the interstate are always more tiring, because of all the traffic, and people in a Hurry to go have their vacation...doesn't seem to make sense to me...people driving like a whirling dervish, speeding at 15 mph over the limit, so they can get to their vacation destination...What The??....racing so they can go relax?...hmm..

Anyway -- went over to one of the neighbors house on Friday and we had a good time trying to Fix All The Wrong's in the World..well, not really, but we did discuss/question Many things that puzzle us -- like why some Supervisor Sez answer the phone calls coming into your office first, but ignore the person standing in front of you, who came to talk to you Before the phone rang..OOOhhhKKeeeyyyyy....makes sense to ME! And we had to question why our kids did all those Really Dumb things they did when they were in school...Why did they try to forge our name on the test page they Failed and think the teacher would think it was REALLY our signature???....my oh my...we had a good laugh and marveled at the fact that we LIVED thru all that ^}$* and haven't gone off the deep end since.

Must go and check on some stuff out in the kitchen...fortunately there isn't a storm brewing AGAIN outside, and I can go sit on the deck while dinner is doin' it'z thing on the stove...

Lady of The Tulips -- who DOES apoligize for how blury the above photo is...my camera was acting up but I DID want to show you this little dear who was Very Patient while I set her down on the work table & took a picture of her...she never even made a fuss!!

No comments: