Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Flower Bed - Snug Harbor - '08

This is the one bed that I've been working on in the back yard -- it's in view from the master bedroom window, the back deck and the door leading to the deck...this is just one part of the bed...the story is that the previous owner had this worked out so that his wife would be able to see it from the different windows in the house, an' she would use it for her inspiration to work out her oil paintings. Since this picture was taken 2 weeks ago, the calla lilies have gotten taller, and the purple flowered bee balm has also grown taller. I'm telling myself that the plantz are growing bigger 'cause the finally have some soil to spread out in. They were terribly crowded with far too many weeds, and there was about 4 inches of grass creeping up toward the flower bed. So the weeds got thrown in the compost heap, the creping grass is no longer around the edge of the flower bed, and just this morning I planted some lavender and Sweet William to add some fragrance. The plants were REALLY crowded in the flower pots they were sold in at the Large Department/Home Improvement store...poor dears, they were Very Unhappy. After I dug them into the ground and gave them a good watering, they Perked UP!! and now look much happier. I'll get a shot of them tomorrow when I go back out an' finish the far end of the flower bed..pulling the last of the weeds.

I've got some more projects in the workz over on my little table. I'm considering doing some more cutting on a sheet of very cool scrapbook paper I bought just before we moved. I knew it'd be awahile before I could get to the craft store, so I grabbed about 5 sheets while they were on sale last winter. Now I'm Super glad I did, 'cause the closest craft store is down Ocean Highway an' when I discovered it Tom nearly choked! We'd gone to do some banking, and Right Next Door to the bank, is the Craft/Scrapbook Store!! HA!! I didn't exactly dance in the street, but I came Real Close...naturally tom sez, "Well, I suppose I'll have to bring ya here someday, won't I?"He does come up with the most Amazing Statementz...

Got to go grab some stuff out of the freezer an' defrost SOMETHING for dinner...if I think over what there is stored in there, maybe by the time I get to the kitchen, I"ll have figured out something to make that won't be too gaggie...

Lady of The Tulips - who is trying to remember where she stored some rice and a new onion...hmmm..

No comments: