Friday, June 27, 2008


"Summer" -- Spring Bay Studio 2008


I wanted to share this little piece that got finished at the start of the week -- Some of the fish were done just before I got to pack up the old house and get the #$^"&*^ outta the city. A couple of the fish were done after I got down here. This was one of those pieces that seemed to take for EVAH to get finished, and for the life of me I don't know why. I think it came out a little blurry when I look at it now, and I DO apoligize (oh hush, I know I just spelled that wrong...) for that!

I've got a couple other pieces done, too -- one is drying As We Speak..or rather as I type this blog post..there was so much matte medium blobbed on my fingers that I was afraid I'd smear the painting of the canvas while I rearranged and stuck pieces here and there. Sometimes I think I get more matte medium on ME than on the canvas..And yesterday I did the BEST mess I've done in some time -- I didn't realize that my shirt sleeve had been sopping up the matte medium every time I went to add water to my paint brush, and the sleeve brushed over my pallatte...so I suddenly felt something wet under my arm, and when I looked at just WHAT waz goin' on, HA!, there was a BIG blob of matte medium all stuck on the bottom of my sleeve...kinda made me wonder what/why my sleeve had felt funny while I was adding papers and goodies. DUH!! The shirt has gotten too big for me anyway, so that was something like THE FINAL STRAW on wearin' it anymore...Actually it just gives me another reason to go to the thrift store tomorrow!! And yes, Tom DID say he'd take me over there!! HHOOO_YAAAHHH...

Anyway -- I'm debating on whether or not to get a good size order sent to an online company for some papers and die-cuts I've been thinking about ordering. The company has some really quiet wonderful collage items, and since there isn't a chance for tom to get me to the nearest shop till next weekend, I just may try the shop online and see how it turns out. I found out over the phone that tom will have to go out of state on sunday, so that eliminates any more shopping for me till next weekend. My car still doesn't run safe enuf for me to use it to go anywhere, so I have to rely on tom to take me on his days off...VERY limited time period for me to get thingz, thus the idea of using the online supplier. Plus most of the locally owned stores are Not Open on Sundays, so I'm really at a loss as to getting things done that I need to do...kinda agrivates me, but there isn't really much I can do 'bout it. And No -- I will not go into the REALLY pissy thing about The Butt-Uglie car and the number of things wrong with it...let's just say that it does look very nice sitting in it's New Driveway...

Must go and get some files fixed and see what bills I need to pay tomorrow before I get out the door and down the street -- I got some bills paid last week, but the little shop that I used to get plumbing done, hasn't posted my payment, or sent the payment to our bank yet. I've got no clue what's goin' on, and to top it off, the admin. secretary of the place called me & belly-ached about my payment not getting there sooner!! GO FIGURE!!

Lady of The Tulips -- who wonderz why it is some "Customer Service" people don't think of how they sound to their customers...maybe someone should TELL THEM??!!

No comments: