Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daylilies == Snug Harbor '08

These are some of my sweet flowers in the larger flower bed in the backyard -- the previous owner of this house really went all out in planting such large beds of flowers. There are also some beds of daylilies near the dirt road, along the older wooden shed, and near the border of our property and some vacant woods "next door" -- these just keep blooming away and it doesn't seem like they have a care in the world.

Today I WAZ gonna go work in this bed of flowers, but the heat is going to be absolutely BRUTAL today -- had plans to weed on the back of this section of lillies but when I woke up at nearly 8:30 this morning, I knew there was now WAY to get work done before it was too humid outside. I just took Sara for her morning walk (ok..more like here dragging me down the dirt road..) and I'm still melting as I sit in the house...it's gonna be a scorcher later this afternoon. There are calls for over 96 Degrees, an' I have a Nahhhsstyyy feeling it's gonna get a LOT hotter than that. And we're just 4 blocks from the river/sound, and I've got no idea how it's going to swelter inland. We have a breeze coming off the water this morning, and it Is nice, but there is that hint of higher humidity just lingering, and it makes me want to go sit inside the refrigerator...

The table behind me has my latest project waiting Patiently to get finished. The heat yesterday got me so zapped and tired I just didn't have the energy to do anything but look at all the pieces and parts of the collage. My brain melted while I was watering the front flower beds and I think maybe once it rains at the start of next week (or so sez The Weather People..) then I'll be able to think a little more clearly. There are folders sitting on the other side of the computer that have lots of beads and some scrapbook paper that I'd filed for another couple collages, but when I put them together I didn't really put any kind of label on the file folder, so I really don't know what I was thinking...ok..Ok...OK -- so maybe I Never know what I'm thinking , but at least I TRY to do something Coherent...most days..

Tom was suppossed to go up on the Eastern Shore yesterday, but for some reason the dispatch people left the container sitting at the terminal where it still is sitting and waiting for Somewhere To Go -- it had been scheduled to be taken to one of the grain silos but Who-Knowz what happened to THAT idea...somebody dropped the ball on that one, and I'm sure by this morning when the office opened at 5:30 a.m., there were some pretty $^"&$ angry people waiting for an explaination on why the freight didn't get picked up...OOPS! -- maybe today it'll get hauled to where it's supposed to go..

Must get some work done out in the front room and apply some matte medium on the canvas board behind me...it's trying to get my attention and I'm doing my best to ignore it...

Lady of The Tulips -- I can STILL hear the breeze outside trying to blow in the hot humid air into the cracks in the window frame...eerrgggghhh...

No comments: