Wednesday, November 05, 2008


" Bohemian Work Environment " 2008 Spring Bay Studio

This is one of the pieces I worked out last week. The colors just seemed to say "Tropics!!" to me when I was digging thru my little stash of Stuff. The flip-flops are just too much!! I'd love to find a Bright Orange pair for ME, but since it IS November, I guess it's too late in the year to go and find some decent flip-flops!!

I finally went to the Dr.!! Yeah!! The ear is doin' it's thing, and its not so good. I guess it's just like my Dr. told me..."Don't you know??!! You don't go stickin' things in your ear any larger than your elbow!!" Ever wonder why it is that I want to go jump on the next freight steamer at the Port and go sailing away?? THAT little ditty from my Dr. is ONE OF THE REASONS!! I am glad that he did give me a good batch of antibiotics to get rid of whatever is trying to set up house in my system, tho. The little boogers are trying my nerves to HERE!!, let me tell you. The good thing about the whole day, tho, was that Tom didn't loose too much work hours. We devised a PLAN!! >> what I did was have him take me to the Dr. office, then when I was done, he took me over to Gabriels house, so I could hang out with him and just do Nothing for the day, 'cept have fun with my middle son. FUN!! Then when tom got all finished, we went to the closest Polling Place for Gabriel so he could Vote, then we stopped to have dinner, then got back down here. WHY AM I TIRED TODAY??!! Wayy too much for this girl, I'd say. But Gabriel & I had a Blast -- he let me check out his new little house, with all it's Old nooks and crannys...the arched doorways and the Ancient plaster walls. Very Cool old house, probably built in the 30's. We had a good time doin' just about nothing..Well, actually I sat on the couch and watched him do horrid and terrible things in some weird Video Game he's had..I MEAN...some Really Odd and Bizaar THINGS in that game..creatures that I kinda see when I eat anchovies and have beer just before going to bed >> THOSE kind of weird creatures...

I'm going to have to go on medication, now, so I'm kinda bummed about it. My Blood pressure is absolutely thru the Roof -- I kept writing it off to the trip up to the city, but after the Doc took a good luck at the past readings for me, he put his foot down and said "Young Lady!! YOU are going on Blood Pressure Medication!!" I kept telling him I was in denial, but when he showed me the chart, I really and truly felt sick. Yesterday my readings were (Honest) 179/120 -- Yeah. I'm a heart attack waiting to happen. BUT ~~ It's true ~~ The fact is that most people don't feel BAD when they have high blood pressure. I have felt funky for years, but never has anybody in the Dr. office I used to go to, EVAH taken a good look at my readings. So when this particular Dr. took a look in less than 30 seconds, he about jumped up off his chair!! So -- Tom has to take the 'scripts in tomorrow, an' by friday I'll be on the meds. Plus the stuff for my ear -- drops and some kinda Stuff --- the meds name sounded like the Old Timey Bactine Spray that my parents used in the 60's to keep cuts and scrapes from getting infected. My Dr. took a look at me an sez, "NO!. Oh, YOU!! It's not that..well, actually it's sorta like that - but not really. Make sense?!" Somedays I wonder about him...

Must go and see what The Dog is doing. She was SO funny when we got home last night -- an' that wasn't until nearly 8:00!! Poor Sara had missed her mommy BAD, and was literally hopping up and down to get my attention when I walked in the door. She went into fits and spits when she sniffed my sleeves and pant leg -- Gabriel has a CAT!! ~~ And don't you KNOW that dog sniffed each and every spot that cat had crawled, sniffed and poked me with his little teeny paws. And too ~~ Gabriel gave us a box of food and some t-shirts he'd won during a concert...so we got some coffee (YEAHH!!) some dinner odds and ends for a chicken casserole, and some rice mixes. Very Cool!! He just wasnt gonna use 'em, so WHEE -- we will!!

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to some Jazz on the Satellite..very nice on this cloudy and VERY windy morning ~~

No comments: