Monday, November 24, 2008


>> This is how I'm feeling today -- sort of sunny, happy and glad that the snowstorm we experienced on Friday has all gone away <<


Actually it went away by 1:00 that same afternoon, but suffice to say that I was one of probably 12.349 who waved it away off the coast, never EVAH to see it again. Tom had to rub it in, that up where he was at the Port of Virginia, it'd stopped snowing somewhere about 9:00 -- it kept going, and going and Going down here till almost 11:00 -- He thot it was funny. I jus' thot it was a pain in the ____ and didn't like the fact that I had to tiptoe out on the deck to let out Sara. Her reaction to the snow is still Not Known. She did, however, have a Very Bad Look on her face when she realized that the Stuff was falling down around her, and it wasn't going away any time soon. Well, eventually it did, so she made the best of it, and sprawled out in the grass, sunning her big ol' belly. No, I didn't get a picture of THAT, but it was kinda funny looking. Kinda like seein' me in a bathing suit, laying out in the sun...

We went to the Antique Mall on Saturday!! AND -- no, we did Not buy the antique hutch I'd had my heart on buying. It was still there, tho, all pretty, perfect and wonderful. AND -- it was also $625.00 ~~ Uhh...yes Martha, it DOES make sense to actually look at the price of an item before getting totally enamoured with said item. So ~~ With tears in my eyes, I walked away, but not before buying some antique lace placemat kinda things. Very old. And I Will take a picture of them today & post 'em here so you can see them. They are all handmade by someone who definetly liked to have "Pretty's" around their house. I had had several, but Tom's mother made it a point to throw them all out. And in no uncertain terms, she let me know EXACTLY that they weren't welcome in her house. Even tho they were packed away in storage boxes, that we were in her house to bring back to our place. So -- that's where buying these came in. I'll never see my great-aunt's pieces again, so these are a good replacement.

I've got some new pens (!!) that I'll be working with today -- $2.00 at Dollar General. They seem to work all right, so I can put 'em to use right away. I'd bought an extra pak of pens just before we moved, an' when I went to use a new blue felt marker, it wasn't in the box that I'd stashed for Immediate Use when we moved down here. Some how it left Dodge, and disappeared. Very upsetting when I was 3/4 of the way thru one project, and discovered I couldn't finish with the same color. Now I have something Close Enuf. So it'll be zip-oh-louie-done today. It'll be fun.

Must go check on the woodstove. We're having a Heat Wave this morning.,it's supossed to get up to 55 today! WOW. Then later in the week it all falls thru the floor an' gets cold. Funny thing about november, huh?

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: