Friday, November 28, 2008


The sky today is tryin' to be cloudy, but it just can not make up it's mind. And our "friends" are still hangin' around, which drives our next door neighbor to havin' hissy-fits. He doesn't like our resident birds, an' thinks that they should just all go away. My whole take on them, is if they wanted to go some place else, they would've gone there by now.

I've gotten thru the Thanksgiving Day Festivities. There was probably far too much pie eaten to be thot about (by me) and there was undoubtedly far too much stuffing stuffed down the mouth by somebody (by me, actually ) and there was probably too much turkey eaten too. But that is not as bad as eating all the pie. Well -- actually I only ate 2 slices, but my luck, those 2 slices made my cholosteral levels go thru the roof all over again, so when I see the Dr., he's going to instantly KNOW what I ate, and immediately start tapping his fingers on his desk. Again. We ARE so grateful, tho, that we even HAD a thanksgiving dinner. In the last few years, it has been somewhat thin, to say the least, when it comes to having any kind of "celebration" for the holiday. Even had our son buy the thanksgiving food items for us the other year. So, my yes, we are very grateful for Tom having a job. And having the income to BUY the food this year. And grateful that Tom's boss/driver manager gave all the drivers a gift card to one of the local chain food stores, for Thanksgiving. Wow. Very, Very Grateful.

Will post tomorrow -- some shots of my frames that are done. Plus a canvas that don't look too shabby, even if I don't mind saying so myself. But for now I gotta go check the mail. And make sure the woodstove is burnin'. And tomorrow I'll tell the tale of Tom, Noah, and The Standing Dead Pine Tree. Only would those two get something done with a couple ropes. Some chopping with an axe. And lots of yelling..pushing..and general Stuff. No wonder my nerves are shot...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: