Tuesday, November 11, 2008


I have my "Golden Parachute" thank you very much ~~ When I look out my bedroom window every morning, this is what I see -- A fabulous color explosion that makes the room glow when the sun bounces along the branches and leaves. The Golden Parachute -- is ALL MINE!! -- It makes me sing and feel the beauty of the woods -- I hear the soft sounds of birds going thru the leaves - searching for whatever they can find...while one at a time..the soft, brilliant colored leaves, fall, fall, fall from the tree. It makes me sad that summer is over, and that Fall is decending now. But the color of my Parachute makes up for any loss of summer fun, the beach or anything else connected to summer.

I was somewhat suprised by how quickly it seemed that the trees started to turn color. Maybe I've not been paying enough attention to the woods, but it truly seems so FAST -- one week there are Green Leaves throughout our woods, and then there is one morning, when I open the blinds and see this fabulous color explosion directly above me. Where is the summer? Oh..hmm....it is November, DUH .. So the trees have been doing what they need to do this time of year, and from some of the trimmings Noah did last summer, there is extra room for the trees to grow outward even more. Noah cleared out a large patch of overgrown trees, most which had grown into a terrible tangle of vines, baby trees, small wild bushes and long pointed grasses. I feared he'd be bitten by a snake or something. Ugh. But he cleared and cleared, so now when Spring comes, the soil will be able to accept seeds, and the trees will be able to send out their branches without any more plants keeping them from stretching to the sky. And that feels good to know.

Must go put another coat of Gesso on a frame -- If my camera behaves itself, I'll post a picture of what I'm doing...it's kinda cool.

>> Lady of The Tulips <<

No comments: