Saturday, November 29, 2008

>> Just a quick note to say I'm alive and well. Am looking over at my craft table, with the canvas I've been working on..it's waiting for the papers to be applied, and it's final coat of matte medium <<

The camera, which I WAZ going to use to take a couple pictures, is behaving Rather Badly at the moment, so instead of throwing it out the back door and watching it sail across the yard, I've decided to calm down, take 234,496 Deep Breaths, and try tomorrow to take the shots of my Collage. And -- the NEW storage cabinet I bought today!! WHOOO-Hooo!!! Le' me TELL you -- when I saw this piece of furniture the other day, I immediately knew it was just the right thing for my studio. After my neighbor & I watched the nice men in the Antique Store load it in her truck, we said thank-you about 3,432 times, then brought it here. It Did take a lot of cleaning, but once I finished it up with a last wash of Mr. Clean Bleach Sponge, it came out just very nice and mellow looking. It amazes me, that it also appears to be hand-made. Like one of the farm families in the area had had their grandfather or father make this for the house. Some of the hardware on the doors I haven't seen available in years and years. The handles are some old pieces of wood, that look like left over scraps from other projects around the barn. Very humble piece, and it fits absolutely perfect in the room.

Will talk more tomorrow or monday about a Wonderful Moment I had at an area Craft Show. I didn't have a lick to sell, or show, BUT -- I did meet the local president of the county Arts Association...and was asked to bring some of my work to be juried for an even this next month. I've got no words to express how amazed I am that THAT happened. Wow.

Must go an' gather goodies to make dinner with. And stand and stare at my new piece of furniture.

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: