Friday, November 21, 2008


So -- there I was, all sound asleep this morning, when I slowly wake up hearing Noah starting up the woodstove..which he usually doesn't do. But, I think to myself, well, maybe he just wants to get an early start to the day, an' what better way than to get the cabin warmed up. Then I hear him stomping down the hallway, and saying, "Hey Ma!! Take a look out the window.."

Me being me, I jus' think maybe there's something wandering around in the yard ~ maybe the deer is standing on the deck waiting for a handout., But lo and behold, I DO take a look out the window, and what do my little eyes behold? WHITE!!! SNOW!! YEE GADZ!!!

So with that observation, I get out of bed, grab some clothes, stomp out to the dining room, and stand by the woodstove, mumbling things that I won't repeat here. See -- just this morning, very early when Tom got ready to go to work, we both had stood in the same spot, marveling at the fact that it SEEMED to feel warmer this morning, at 3:54 a.m. -- and with that thot floating around in my mind, once I locked the doors and crawled back into my warm little bed, there was NEVER EVAH a thot that I'd wake up to SNOW...Maybe I should have paid more attention to the weather forecast last night. But with that being said, here we are, with about an inch of snow on the ground. Finally around 10:45 it stopped. And for this area, things really and truly DO shut down when it snows. It's just 'cause it happens so so seldom, that there is no getting used to it. And like the nice man on the weather channel had to say MORE THAN ONCE, "And it's Even snowing on the Water!! All around Elizabeth City!" -- and proceeds to point out a VERY LARGE BLOB on the weather radar...as if I can't see it outside my window. I mean. Come on.

So we now are begininng to have teeny slivers of sunshine. Noah got disgusted with the whole thing, bundled up and rode his bike over to the hardware store. Sez he's getting some kind of saw. He looked like he was ready for 10 more inches of snow. Bundled up to beat the band, he is. The Dog went out in the yard, came back in very unimpressed, and Iam still listening to the baby squirrely bouncind around up on the roof. Frolicking, they are. I already yelled at them once this morning -- "STOP THAT FROLICKING UP THERE< YOU!!" They ignored me. Bums.

Must go and check the woodstove. And make sure some of my glue on some heavyweight paper has actually worked. This is one different piece, let me tell you. Tomorrow I hope to show and tell. AFTER we get back from the antique mall. I have my dimensions at the READY -- got the exact spot picked out for the storage piece, and a new work table. Keeping my fingers crossed, and all that...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: