Tuesday, October 27, 2009


Don't remember if this little girl has been visiting here before, but she's here now, so I guess I better make her feel welcome. She's all ready to go over by the boat ramp and play for awhile, so I better make sure she gets her picnic supplies all in order...

And in the mean time - went to the Dr. this morning - got in early to get all my bloodwork done, and the Dr. was already in his office, so he just had me pop in the room so I could take care of everything early! Yay!! It's a good thing we got there before 9 in the morning, 'cause by the time we left a little after 9:30, the office was starting to fill up. My bone scan does show that my bones are trying to turn to dust - what I didn't know, is that even tho I'm taking over 1200 units (I think that's what their called) of vitamin D, it still isn't enuf - and all the factors for getting osteoporosis -- well, I fit all of them. Wouldn't ya know it -- Older - White and skinny. Some days ya just can't win! - So the doc told me to go and get some extra vitamin D - even tho too I drink about a gazillion gallons every week of the stuff...go get another dose of the stuff with one of the over the counter type, an' we'll see in 6 months if theres any improvement.

The blood work took longer for the girl in the office to fill out the forms than it did to actually take the blood! - she had some big form to git all filed and sent somewhere, then I was being shown the door! - How cool is that?! - My original appt time wasn't until 11:45, but the receptionist said I could come in early. get my blood work done, go eat (I had to fast!) then come in for the appointment. But the Dr knows I have to come up to the city from wayyy down here, so he made it easier for me. How cool is that? That's why I really like that office - the women who work there are all nice, the one assistant is an absolute hoot, and between me crackin' jokes, and the doctor at the same time, we were making so much noise laughin' and havin' a time! - Ha! That's the way a Dr. appt should be! -

The only bummer is that the mammogram still hasnt been sent from the hospital where it was done. Because that particular hosp. isn't in with the group that my dr office and his group usually do business with, there's no telling how long it's gonna be before I find out my results. Blah. So, I'm just gonna relax, and if they happen to call be before my next appointment next spring (Yay!) then I'll deal with it when the time comes.

In the meantime, me an' the mermaids are just gonna keep on playin' around, and watch for some of the boats that come screamin' across the sound from over on the Outer Banks!! - Whoo! - Some of those guys just get GOIN', let me TELL you! - You'd think there was a race or somethin' goin' on! - Yee Gadzzzz....

So me & the girls are gonna go hang out an' see what's goin' on - the water is tryin' to calm down after a couple days of wind..just right to go and play! Wheeeee.............


Lady of The Tulps

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Do you take calcium, too? I take calcium with vitamin D included...2 times a day.

LadyTulip said...

I've got calcium w/my daily vitamins, but not 'till I went to the Dr. did I find out that I needed more D every day. At least I found out before I turned to dust!!

L.