Monday, October 19, 2009

Well, for real and honest, I've been trying for over 2 weeks to post some of my art on my blog, and I've gotten no where fast. I'm wondering if there is something of a THANG in my computer that doesn't want the world to see what I'm doing over on my little table, and it makes me quite sad. I've got some new work that looks pretty spiffy, even if I don't mind saying so.

But for now, you'll just have to take my word for it. There are nearly 6 new pieces in my storage hutch, and they have their own little frames, that I've gotten from all sorts of places - thrift stores, junk stores (if there's a difference with some, there's a very fine line..) and then I went out yesterday and splurged and bought some NEW frames, at the large world wide cheap store that is hated and loved by people. It was my only alternative, as I wasn't feeling well, and The Husband wasn't going to go anywhere else, so that was That!

There are also some new canvases that are all shiney and looking very blank -- Ha! - 'cause they are, so they too are waiting for some paint, paper and whatever else happens to get thrown their way (ha! again!!) -- I got some larger canvas this time around - it seems that people don't like the 8 X 10 as much as I thought, so I've gone with a larger format. We'll see what happens with those. I'm also getting excited, as the owner of the store & I will have a talk tomorrow - well, at least she's supossed to be in the store, so let's hope that there will be Good News on the Sale point of my work. Sales are Good! -- That's what I'm hoping to hear, and that will make up for an extremely bad day last week -- I was so depressed that I nearly took all my supplies and threw them in the woodstove, just to hear them all go up in flames.

Yup. That's what some very very negative words did to me last week - Along the lines of, well, if you want to make some money, then just go and get yourself a job, maybe at Wal Mart, then you wont have to say you don't have any money.

Ouch.

So, that being over with, it's sort of given me an extra boost towards my Art -- There are more little mermaids waiting in the wings, and there are some more little fish waiting in the wings, and there is even a little lobster (LOBSTAAAHH!) waiting in the wings.

Should be fun!!

Got to run - Somebody else wants to use this, so there goes something else that I was going to talk about, but it's going to have to wait for later..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: