Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So..while I'm waiting for my paint to dry on a little mermaid -- I'll pop on here to say that it is an absolute - leee beautiful day -- had a visitor just a little while ago, and while we stood out on the deck, I realized that here it is the middle of October, and the temps are wayyy up in the 70's. Now, for some of you digging out from snow, cold and wind, I know that those words are just not something you want to read, but I know that all this warmth is fleeting, and within a week or so, it's going to be right back in the Fall temperatures we should be having.

But it really flips me out that it's this warm.

And onto other news -- I hadn't mentioned it before, but next week I've got a Dr. appt, that I've been sort-of-kind-of dreading. I had my mammogram done last month -- first one in about forever, due to lack of $$ - Insurance, and all those other things. But, I finally got that done, and also had a Bone Scan. I got a card from my Dr., telling me that the bone scan showed that I'm in the early stages of Osteoporosis, which I'm still trying to deny -- Denial aint just the name of a river...an' all that. So, I guess at my appt next week, that's something we'll have to discuss. I'm taking more than the recommended daily amount with the vitamins I'm swallowing every day, and the problem gets thorny, because I'm also prone to develop kidney stones. So -- how to keep one from happening, over the other? - Clever question. An' I suppose we'll come up with some kind of solution.

The other thing that wasnt included in the Dr. note, was the results from my mammogram. Usually the Dr. jots a little something in the appropriate box, but this time he didn't. This has led me to ponder, think, fret and do all kinds of What If's over this -- I called the office, and was told he'd call back...still waiting..if ya know what I mean. So -- either it's just all good, or I may be the other one in the family who will develop cancer like my father and aunt did at about the same age as I am now. The rest of my family is all clear, but I'm the only one I know who hasn't gotten a clean bill of health in that department.

So the waiting for results is on. And I thought that Tom would join me for the appointment, but he's totally against going, so I have to drive myself up to the City to find out what the deal is. I'm so not thrilled with Tom;s attitude, but he's just that way these days, so I have to face all of this by myself.

Joy.

But - I'm also trying to be optimistic, and just say, well, the Doc got busy...everything is fine...there was just a misunderstanding..my suit was at the cleaners...an old friend came in from out of town...

But there is still a little nagging THANG that isn't going away.

But -- I'm still painting, and will do my darn-dest to get a picture on here come Hell or High Water. Then you can see some of my new fun - stuff!! Wheeeeeeee...........

Got to run for now, tho -- Keep me in your prayers, 'k? -- Certainly could use all the Good Vibes out there!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: