Tuesday, November 17, 2009


"Albemarle Sound " 2009 Spring Bay Studio

This is another piece where I incorporated texture and added some painting with some odds and ends that I scrounged up from the hardware store - it was sOO much fun! - I got good and messy, playin' with all the goodies, and when I went into the kitchen to get cleaned up, tom took one look at me, and didn't even bother to ask what I'd been doing. Good Guy, that ol' fella...there are just times where it's best not to say a word, know what I mean? He didn't say anything about the finished product, so I don't know whether or not he likes this piece, but there are a lot of my work that he flat out does not like. Somewhere around the 85% range. Oh Well. I think in the back of his mind, he'd rather I got to work at the Mart Place, so I could have a "Real" job, and quit messin' around with my paints. Our one son Definetly thinks that way - matter of fact, when I show him any of my finished canvases, he refuses to look at any of them. Thinks I'm just wasting my time. A great boost there for my self esteem. Go Team...

So, me? - I keep on workin' over on the little table, makin' lottsa messes with my paints, and yesterday I spent over an hour, cutting little shapes out of some heavy paper, not quite cardstock, but just a little lighter. 2 sided, with some wonderful watery prints on both sides, one with some graphic prints, and one side with just some simply fabu shaded colors - naturally, these are with blues, greens, pale greens, watery blues..Can't help myself, they are just too dreamy for me to pass up. And this week, I guess tomorrow, I'm ordering the papers I talked about the other day - the prices for the paks are just too good to pass up - Even The Husband said it'd be all right to order them! - So, before he changes his mind, that will Really Have to get done!!

Gotts to scoot - there are some paints and inks that should be just dry now - lined out part of a bathing suit top for my latest mermaid...shes lookin' like she's gonna go for some Beach-iee Peach and Pale Yellow color for her top..seems like a good choice to me!!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: