Monday, November 16, 2009


"Memories Of The Days Back Then" -- 2009

Spring Bay Studio

The piece I finished up while the storm was rolling in last week - This has a lot of texture, and I'm hoping it shows up on this photo - I tried to get a decent picture of it leaned against the antique hutch, so that's why it has a slightly loopy - look to it! It's not Operator Error!, I promise you! Just that it has a list goin' on...

I'm recovering from a horrid telephone call earlier this morning - won't go into details, but it was something that hits between the eyes and leaves one feeling as if the world slid sideways into another dimension. I don't think I'm shaking as bad as I was earlier, but if there are typing mistakes on this, well, that's 'cause the fingers/hands are still shaking a little bit. Just viscious and mean. That's what it was. So, that's all for that.

There is a new mermaid over on the work table..she doesn't have a face yet, but she's coming along nicely. Got her body shaded in, and she'll have some neat "scales" on her twisty tail. I unburied some things I truly forgot I had - sequins and other beads that are pretty cool. And so much fun to add to paper, I forgot how fun they are! - And there are some little beads that will make great Christmas Items, so those will need to be fixed up.

Our oldest finally got to the Dr.! - He called late Sat. evening, asking if we could take him in yesterday morning, and we said of course. He was Really Sick, and every time he coughed it sounded just terrible. We left here before 7:30 a.m., got up to the city, and he sounded horrible on the phone! - He didn't want to go to the Dr. for a bit, but we convinced him to GO, since the H1N1 Virus is everywhere. We are so glad we got him in! - The wait was less than 2 hours, which is saying something, and he does have a flu virus, but FORTUNATELY not the H1N1 Virus! Shwoo, that was a close call. He was given some meds, and we took him to the grocery store so he could get some liquids and tissues for his poor nose! - Ouch, all that sneezing, poor guy. Tom even said, "You sounded like you weren't going to make it!" - But he got to be checked out, and meds too, so we are very grateful for that.

Got some needed supplies yesterday at the Art Store while we were up in the City - new brushes, and looked at some papers, but will order those online - $3.00 in price by not buying in the store, for the package I'm looking for. That's a savings that really adds up, and there are 2 packs that I've been drooling over for the past couple weeks. If tom gets the bonus he's been told he'll get, part of that will pay for the papers. Some wonderful Blues and pale greens, mixed with some light sky blues, uhhmmm...simply wonderful colors! Will show them once I get the order in.

Must get some more papers cut - the new canvas has the background covered, that part is over..seems to take for EVER some days..why is that? Just layering papers, you'd think it'd go like lickety-split! Well, maybe I'm just slow!! Hee!!

Lady of The Tulips

2 comments:

Darla said...

I was able to click and enlarge the photo so I could see the details better. It has a wonderful ocean feeling to me.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Thank You! - It was fun to work on -

L.