Monday, November 09, 2009

>> Ok <<

So, what I decided was that being miserable just wastes my time, and doesn't accomplish anything -- And from that I learned that it is much more fun to sit at the work table and make something that I've never done before.

No, I'm not going to post some of my scribblings on here from my paint program - those are just going to sit here an' that's that.

What I DO have, tho are 3 new canvases that came outta nowhere - all full of texture, odd shapes and little things that I'd wanted to do before now, but just thot they wouldn't look right.

AND THAT"S THE POINT!! -- WHY do I need to try and make my work look just like "Everybody Else"?? My work is just that - MY WORK - So, if it isn't all polished and smooth - if it isn't all cookie cutter and ready to be picked up by Wal Mart and sent to china to get mass produced..

Then it is MINE -- And if there are things in/on it that look off shape/crooked, well, they are and that's that!

And they are so fun to DO!! -- Weeee -- and once I stood back and looked at what I'd accomplished, well, it just suprised the very livin' tar outta me! - Whoa!! -- I did THAT?! Huh! So, now there are all sorts of little thots of making even more textures, and a quick trip to the hardware store (You just cant imagine how many goodies there are that can be used in collage!!) will make some even more altered goodies. I'm sure the manufacturers never thot that some Art could be made from Hardware Items.

Shows what they know!

And with that, I'm off to mess with some goodies on me little work table. I'll post the canvases in just a minute - right now I gotta go take my meds. I've given up wasting time calling the Dr's office - If they got news for me, I'm gonna say, Well, how nice of you to call - No More wasting time on HOLD on the phone for 15 minutes..

Nope! - Off to Paint!!


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: