Wednesday, March 19, 2008

>> Have a VERY quiet house this morning >> The Husband had to get up earlier than usual, 'cause he had to deliver a load of frozen turkey up to a warehouse near the Maryland border. I talked to him just a couple minutes ago, and he said the container was stuffed with frozen turkey tails >> No Kidding >> being shipped overseas to I think he said the Congo where it's eaten. I've got no idea what they would taste like, but I guess it'd be ok...


The youngest has another temp job today, which makes him very happy. Only today & tomorrow, but it pays fairly good, and the work is something he likes to do --- He's constructing yard sheds and small barns for one of the local hardware stores. He loves to work outside, and putting stuff together is his "Thing", so this job was a good pick. He said last week, even tho the weather wasn't all that warm, he still managed to get some sunburn on the back of his neck and arms. He even took a tube of sunblock, but got some burn anyway. It amazes me to see how he gets color the way he does. AND he's one of those people who turns a really nice brown during the summer and stays tan for a long time....the little shmow....


Got some files ready in the studio: All I have to do is put the papers on the new canvas I bought over the weekend. I've been really making up for lost time out in my little room. I guess cause of all the months I spent climbing up & down the ladder fixin' whatever I could here inside of the house. Now it's MY TIME to work on MY ART!! -- so THERE...And I also found some of the watercolour pencils that I'd thot got packed and stuffed into our oldests apt. -- My happiness!! Now I've got to seal some painting I did with the pencils just to make sure the color won't bleed thru to anything else surrounding each piece on the canvas. The Husband found a can of matte spray at the hardware store over the weekend, and it actually cost less than the spray I'd bought at the craft store. It looks like it has a finer texture once it's dry, too, so that may work out with all the little sketches I've worked up on my little table.


The Dog has finally come to the realization that she CAN NOT get out of the backyard gate ~~ She has tried to shove her nose under the portions where the youngest rebuilt the picket fence...it looks funny to see this big ol' dog pushin; the fence to see if she can break it apart again...once I see her doin' that, I shout out the window "KNOCK THAT OFF!!" She really walks off in a huff, then lays down underneath a bush and sighs in disgust...humph... Blah. She'll be better in no time...

Lady of The Tulips -- feelin' excited about blending some teal blue, kingfisher blue and light blue to make the Sea on her latest project...

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE hte piece below! Happy Wednesday LT!

LadyTulip said...

** Thank you so for the compliment!!

I'll be addin' jus' a couple goodies to it later today - o - tomorrow..Wait & See!!

L.