Friday, March 07, 2008

I've got just a minute or so to slap something on here -- I think I'd mentioned something about posting some work of mine on here either yesterday or today..just can't remember...

Anyway -- I havent gotten the shots done yet...I got a spat of bad news and negative THANGS yesterday that literally made me ill == I MEAN it all made me sick to my stomach. Literally...

Well -- that may be too much information, but I'm just not up to snuff to get out into the studio and get the camera working, so I WILL say that the good news from my oldest is that he has just one last test to go thru, and he goes to the Academy at the end of the month. The city training is pretty tough, but he has had some friends that have been running with him the last months, so he's been getting in shape for all the physical stuff...Myself, since I'm a clumsy one when it comes to running...I jus' couldn't do it, but he's been getting himself into shape, slow but sure. Makes me tired thinking of what all he's lookin' at doin' --

The weather here has made a nasty turn -- we had some tough-rough weather with severe storms the other monrning...1 a.m. to be exact. Matter of fact, the winds were so strong, they did some damage around the area. I told The Husband that once the wind woke me up, I just could not get back to sleep. It sounded like the winds that fanned tornadoes when we used to live in Arkansas, and that wasn't something I wanted to go thru again. So I got up and listened to the Weather Radio our oldest got us for christmas...the information was right on, and within 2 minutes of the airport making the information available, it was on the radio. Kinda scary, the news said winds were at least 60 mph but the most we got in terms of damage, was a lot of flooding in the street and tiny branches being hurled around the yard. We were very fortunate.

As to other stuff -- I got a letter from the little gift shop where some of my things have been for sale on consignment..The shop is relocating, and because they will be in a smaller space, naturally there has to be a thinning of Art for sale...an' my things have to go. I was expecting the news, but it still brings a pang when you want to make a little money on the work you make. But I'm optimistic that there will be something else. I'm not sure if the other gift shop down the road will consider my work again..I tried over 5 or 6 times to get in touch w/the owner, but she never called back or asked me to come into the shop. It's been that kind of time.

We were going to go look at some more houses this weekend, but The Husband doesn't think we should just yet. We're still having a time w/our realtor, so we'll see how the next conversation w/the guy turns out...no wonder my system has taken a nose dive the last 24 hours...sheesh..

Must go check some painting I did -- It should be dry, an' if the light is good, I'll get those photos taken before driving over to the truck terminal to pick up The Husband...he said he'll be workin' just a little longer tonight, so I won't have to leave in the middle of rush hour traffic...WHOOO -- talk about a relief!!

Lady of The Tulips -- drumming her fingers and trying as hard as she can, to be Patient with some work in the studio...la, la,...la, la,laaa....

No comments: