Sunday, March 09, 2008


W.I.P. -- These are a couple pieces that I worked out the other afternoon while messin' around with my pencils and markers..I sketched out the background paper when I was waiting for a plumber to fix some pieces in the master bathroom, and install a new faucet. The price for the faucet was too good to pass up, so we picked it up while it was on sale..it made up for the cost of installation. An' let's face it -- I have no clue as to how to install a faucet, and since we've used the same plumbing company since living here, it just made sense to use them again. And it looks fabulous! When I had an upscale client out in the south part of Virginia Beach, I noticed that they had the same faucets in their bathrooms..but I'm sure that since their house had been built by a contractor, the price was probably a WHOLE lot more than the $19.95 we paid...patience works for those who wait...or something like that.

I've got a couple minutes to also get some papers colored in that I have some other sketches on, and when I get back out in the studio I'll get them put together on a canvas board. The one thing I need is a pale green or blue green marker or watercolor pencil. I know the color I want, but whether or not I'll be able to find it is another story. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I do not want to have to drive all over to find the right pencil but I suppose if that's what I have to do...then off we go down the highway!

Haven't heard from our realtor till this morning...somebody wanted to come look at the house this afternoon, but since it's sunday that's out of the question -- The Husband and our youngest have no desire to have somebody meandering around in our house on a Sunday. We had a couple showings on Sundays, but it upset our youngest so bad, and it created such a fight that I decided to just throw in the towel and say OK...no showings on Sunday. And the kicker is we havent had a showing for 2 weeks..I think we just lost a possible sale on this one...

Must go find out what The Husband is doing out in the kitchen..it's quiet all of a sudden and he was messin' around at the stove. I'm not smelling smoke or anything, but just the Sudden Quiet is a little disarming...

Lady of The Tulips -- pondering if maybe it'd be easier to just hop on one of the freighters docked at the port and sail away to where-ever...but I'm too scared to get any of those tropical diseases..

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

WIP is very cool! Hope hub is OK...lol! Happy Tuesday LT!

LadyTulip said...

Thanx for the comment on my wip -- I'm not sure where it'll go but I'm having fun with it!!

L.

P. S. -- I found The Husband staring at the stove while making pancakes..And he didn't Burn Anything!! Weeee...