Tuesday, March 04, 2008


"Untitled" -- 2008 -- Spring Bay Studio

Got a quick chance the other day to put this piece together...I had fun with the background colors and got all messy with my paints. The little fishies were havin' just too much fun, so it took some doing to get them to quiet down and be still long enuf to be on the canvas...

hummm..

So -- yes it's been a couple dayz since I was on here...what can I say? It's jus' the continuous work on the hosue..painting still, and refurbishing some cabinets that didn't really look too swift in the bathroom. I thot they just needed a little oil rubbed into the grain of the wood, but when I got down on the floor and really took a good hard look, it was super obvious that they needed some fixin' up. The youngest refinished the cabinet in the front bathroom, so I figured it was my job to refinish the ones in the master bathroom. Little did I know it would develop into this never ending THANG that just wouldn't go away. I had stain in my fingers for 4 dayz, and probably still have some in my hair. But now the cabinets just need their last coat of varnish, an' it's all done. I may take forevah on a project, but it's better than nagging The Husband to get something done.

Speaking of The Husband..he'z been drivin' a lot out of state..taking some soybeans to the port from a warehouse up the Interstate. Lots of loads are goin' overseas, so thats a PLUS for U.S. Farmers!! The Husband called the other morning, an' said, "I'm zippin' along here at 45mph...got 55,000 lbs of soybeans, so there's no speeding ticket in the future..." Yee gadz...This is the second load or maybe 3rd that he's had in the last week or so..some of the drivers are scared to haul that heavy of a load, but I remember havin' some freight that was heavier than 55,000 so he's not really too freaked out on it. I'm jus' glad that some of the farmers in the U.S. are getting their crops sent out and that their making some good money on their farms.


Speaking of farms...The Husband & I went and looked at some more little houses over the border last weekend...I took the afternoon off from painting, and we checked out a couple places..one house is right next to the same farm where we'd put an offer on another house..the farm goes on for EVAH and all the fieldz are waiting for planting. This newer place is a little smaller than the one we looked at last fall, but we may make an offer on it. We also found a place nearer the border, but we aren't sure if it's what we want or not....Very Hard to decide -- our oldest thinks we should look closer to the water (facing the Outer Banks) but the cost of something within an eyelash of 5 miles is too much over and out of our price range..agrivating to (man I butchered that spelling...) say the least..


But that's how the market down along the coast is -- Those that have the big bucks get the watefront places,,,an' the rest of us just find what we can afford...

Yee Gadz -- I nearly forgot -- Good News from one of our sons -- He's gotten the phone call he'z been waiting for -- He's passed all the earlier tests, and haz 2 more to get thru an he'z with the city police dept. how cool is that?? he'z goin' to get one more battery of questions, an then he's gonna start the academy near the end of March...I am SO happy for him!! He's still gettin' phone calls and text messages from his friends on how happy they are too!! Wow! Now the real hard work will start for him, but he's ready for it.

I'm off to check on my loaf of bread..it smells wonderful from the kitchen, and it'z just about finished...jus a little loaf of white bread, but it's nummy with some cheese and fruit...

The Dog is layin' out on the side porch, and my oldest sez he'z comin' over to watch Spring Training on t.v. -- Baseball Season!! is jus' a few weeks away, an' these Spring games are the places where those that are Good are picked up for the regular season....an' those that Aren't So Good...well...they go back down to the minor leagues an' wait for their call-up to the Big Leagues...

Lady of The Tulips - who now realizes that she would REALLY like to be in Fla., but doesn't have a way to get there...or the $$ to stay...or a credit card to max out an' play in the sun....blast...

No comments: