Wednesday, March 26, 2008

w.i.p --

I was sitting in the studio the other morning, thinking about a little town our youngest & I went to a couple years ago -- it's just a teeny town down on the southern outer banks of North Carolina...unfortunately too far away to live there and have The Husband keep his job..BUT ANYWAY -- while thinking about how laid back and quiet the place is, I made a fast sketch of a palm tree just to remind me that there are places not too terribly far away...where it's quiet...and the Sea is just around every corner...and the people could really care less if you live with a Blackberry in your hand 24 hours a day...The locals mostly wear t-shirts bearing Tropical Prints, or local fishing companies...and everybody understands if you don't make a whole lot of money, 'cause, hey, neither do they.


It would be a nice place to LIVE, but for now, it's just a really mellow little town to drive down and visit every now and again...


>>> But onto some GOOD NEWS >>>

We have an offer on our house!! HEYYYY!!!! >>> Yes Sir, and Yes Ma'am!! >>>


The people who came by over the weekend, who were here less than 10 minutes...well, this jus' goes to show ya...they like the house enuf, that they've made an offer. I'm pretty blown away, and can't really talk about the financial aspects of the offer, but we will be signing some MORE paperwork tonight, and have an inspection sometime this next week, to make sure everything is in good working order..I've been put thru the wringer it feels like..what with making sure that WE have good credit to purchase a house down in N.C., and that all the legal THANGS are done just right...I've not slept good in a LONG time, so yesterday when I had to get up early with The Husband and youngest...drive them both to their jobs and then run errands, stop by the real estate agents office and some other $^%"#^...I got back to the house, made 5 phone calls...then waited for our son to call for a ride home.

And long about 4 p.m., I feel asleep.

Now -- this isn't even something I think about doin' most days...or if I do, it's just for a quick "Man, it'd sure be nice to take a nap.." -- an' that's about the most of it...WELL -- fall asleep I did, and when I thot it'd been a quick 10 minute sleep..HO HO!! ...an HOUR had gone by and I looked at the clock in absolute suprise!!

The Husband sez it's cause that's how the body tells you that you're OVERDOING THINGS...


Ya think??

So -- I'm nervous, happy, anxious, elated and all the things that go with selling a house. This weekend we go back and take another look at a couple places down the coast, and see what we can come up with.


In the meantime, I'll keep thinkin' about the calm sea and the seagulls drifting over the water


Lady of The Tulips ~~ wondering if she could just hop on a tramp steamer an' float away...

No comments: