Tuesday, July 01, 2008

** This morning is one of those fabulous days where the sun shines, the birds are singing and the breeze from the Sound is barely touching the skin while gently lifting the branches of the pines toward the sky **

Having said that, all this joy and goodness came to a screeching halt when a work crew showed up across the street to start on the construction of a driveway and some other work in preparation to the building of a house...so much for peace and quiet. I haven't heard this much noise since we had 3 work crews show up at the same time at our old house in the city. I don't know who was in who's way, or which work crew did the most yelling, but THAT was not something I wanted to go thru again...Maybe this crew won't be so terribly loud...

Tom called just a while ago to say he was on his way down a small highway not too terribly far from here...taking a container to one of the countries larger greeting card manufacturers -- they have to start getting their Fall and Christmas orders under way, and this is usually the time of year that shipments are coming in from overseas, and the US manufacturers need to get their's overseas as well. This will be interesting to see how many more trips Tom'll be doin' in the next few weeks. One year he didn't have a Saturday off till after the start of the new year...that made it great to pay bills on time, but it was sucky for him, cause he only had one day off a week...that really getz to wear ya out!! He hasn't said how the manager is gonna organize these next couple months, but they'll know probably in the next week or so. It's always weird for me around the 4th of July -- I want to be singing "He's A Yankee Doodle Dandy", but more than likely the tune in my head is, "Christmas Time's a Comin', Christmas time's a'comin;,..." Makes for a very confusing Holiday!!

I'm waiting for some matter medium to make up it's mind on whether or not it'll behave on the collage I've got laid out next to me...I discovered I need to repaint/seal one of the pieces for the collage with some spray medium..not the gel, but a spray...I'd used pastels on a fish, and the pastel was trying to blend into the papers next to it, so I reapplied the spray matte medium, and it seems to be keeping the pastels in check. One more coat should keep it in place, so then I can apply the rest of the papers and stuff. I've discovered some papers that I thot were in storage(!!) but have actually made it down here!! Let'z hear a Yahoo!! Now I can get some trim done!!

Oh oh...Miss Sara is making some weird noises in the kitchen, so I better go see what kind of damage she's doing...grrr..

Lady of The Tulips -- getting a headache from The Dog this morning...

No comments: