Monday, September 29, 2008


Back when I used to do handweaving, I made this little piece. A little something for the kitchen, handwoven on a table loom, with wool yarn, acrylic yarn, mounted on a piece of something like matboard. I made quite a few little goodies like this. Kitchen type pieces. Little pieces with little girls wearing aprons; cows..I think I did some chickens, too, but I can't remember back that far.

Anyway -- here I was, staring at the baskets, plastic storage boxes, and cardboard boxes that are still telling me "Put Us Away, Please!", since we've moved down here. Why this little piece was with the rest of my Art Supplies is anybody's guess, but there they are, none the less. And all of said baskets, etc., are still sitting on the floor, waiting for a Nice Spot to be sitting. Nothing wrong with the floor, it is a nice floor, as far as floors go. But it's just NOT the place for Art Supplies to be located. At least in My opinion. And so, the question is, How Long do I wait for either Noah or Tom to hang-up the support brackets Noah bought 4 weeks ago? These little guys might just LIKE to be sitting up on a nice shelf. I've got 5 shelves. They'd be just fine up there.

But how long do I sit & wait? -- Tom has a icky habit of saying, "I'm workin' on it.", which means that Hell may very well freeze over before he considers doing this little project. I think what I need is one of those electronic doo-hickies that tells you where the studs are inside the interior walls. Then I'd be able to spot those, slap the anchor bolts to them, hang up my brackets, slip the shelves on said brackets, and my little Skillet Friends would have a place to Dance and Sing. Noah sez he's gonna "see to it" in just a little while.

I'm leaning on the side of waiting for Something Other Than Hell to Freeze, if ya know what I mean.

But onto Other Things.>>>> After getting some of the Bug Spray off of me (I went outside to sweep off the deck and driveway) and getting a bit of lunch, I'll take some shots of something I made up just before the weekend. It's a little different, but I like the way the colors came together in it. Plus, I've got one that I'd nearly forgotten about, but it got my attention the other day, as I was making lists for groceries, Art Supplies, all those things that need to be picked up when in Town. Ah HA!, I said, looking at the collected parts and goodies for that collage...it's gonna be pretty cool to see when it's all together. Well, of course I'D say it's cool. Maybe somebody else would gag, but who knows.

Must go an' wash this STUFF off of my arms. It does't so much burn my skin, but it justsortakinda stings...an' the smell/fragrance of it isn't exactly Channel No. 5 .. if ya get my drift.

Lady of The Tulips -- who may just hear the Mail Carrier...I ordered a new handbag for my birthday, so hopefully it's finally HERE!!

No comments: