Wednesday, September 03, 2008



<<<>>>

I'm not sure what it was that she was listening to..I think the neighbors were shooting off some fireworks or something, and once she hears any kind of LOUD NOISE >> you can bet she'll take herself into the hallway and "hide" from whatever it is that has her scared. Poor Baby. I often wonder at these times, what the original owner she had..if you call them "Owner" -- what kind of terrible things they did to her to make her this freightened of All Things Loud. She was, after all, tied up to the side of a house for the first 3 years of her life..Thus the wonder on the word "Owner"of her originally. She has grown into such a good dog now. She absolutely SHOOK for the first couple weeks we had her. The treatment she'd grown up with was that severe. And it was over a month before she BARKED ONCE!! -- she just didn't make a peep!!

So now she has this one spot in the hallway where she'll lay down if she becomes upset. She looks at me with this HORRID face if there is any kind of loud noise...and the training camp for some Gov't Agency is not too terribly far away, and they are FOREVAH making lots and lots of terrible noises. She is NOT FOND OF THEM!! -- I am glad at times like this that Dogs Can Not Talk..but she's just as good as gold in her little spot in the hall...

I'm ALMOST READY to unveil my new-ly made blouse...the sleeves are ready to get stitched on. I worked on some of the little detail parts yesterday, inbetween messin' around with Sara. She had to get some medicine on her surgery places...then I had to mop the floor..sweep other parts of the kitchen...go back to stitching and ironing pieces of the front of the blouse..then sweep up some of the dirt I tracked in all over the kitchen floor...what a trip -- who'd a thunk that livin' in the woods would make lots and LOTS of DIRT come in all over the place??!! But back to what I was saying -- the blouse is begininning to LOOK like a blouse instead of pieces of Something. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out...Hopefully this Ancient Computer will be able to download pictures of that PLUS MY LATEST FINISHED PROJECT!! -- I got a little something done the other day before running off with Tom to get odds and ends at The Favorite Department Store...Big Lots...This current project was done kinda fast -- I'd had a FLASH the other day of All Things Seashore..guess cause it was the last weekend of the Simmer -- Gabriel sez he's really seen a HUGE dropoff of tourists on the Oceanfront..less people now, and he'll be out of work at the one Summer Spot after this weekend. FORTUNATELY -- he has a New Full Time Job, so the loss of the evening one isn't gonna sting so much. His other resort job went away, when the manager decided that since he couldn't work with his cast on his arm from the car accident, that he just wasn't any good for the job aANYMORE ~~ like what the $%$^&$& he said it was one of those things he sorta expected, but not Really...like who would be expecting to be layed off cause they were hit by a car?? This is called "Fair"???

Well anyway -- there are several hurricanes looking to Agrivate and IRritate All of us along the Eastern Seabord for the next few days, up to the next week -- I guess this is what ya get for living along the shore. I've not listened to the weather today...should be interesting. Fortunately I bought some canned items over the weekend (my 6th sense was telling me SOMETHINGabout what was comin' up, I supposee.) So -- now it's a wait and see kinda thing. All my prayers are with those down South who just went thru Gustav...I've been thru some BIG hurricanes, so I know what it's like to realize your home just isn't what it's suppossed to be...Hang in There!!

LAdy of The Tulips -- on her way to see the noon weather report...jeesh...I'm not really looking forward to this...

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Good Luck, Good Luck, GOOD LUCK!!!!! Gina decided she's gonna stay and ride er' out!!! I'm one worried mama tho! Poor Sara, she LOOKS bewildered, I wonder where she'll be if the hurricane hits, probably tight in your arms!!! Can't wait to seeeeeee your blouse!!! I didn't know your son was hit by a car!!! Jeez0wheez!! Take care Lady of the Tulips!!! I'll be in touch! Love and prayers,xoxoxox, Cro

LadyTulip said...

*** I think we'll just sit here and see how many trees make it thru the storm!! ***

Look at sara NOW!! WHOOO!!!

I think it's time for a cold drink of ice tea and some relaxing for the evening!!

L.