Monday, September 08, 2008


WE WEATHERED THE STORM!!

And even tho
it seemed to be a little less than advertised, the storm did blow lots and lots of branches into the yard. Several of the pine trees had the nerve to toss their loads of pine cones onto the roof at a regular clip. These things are annoying on the best of days, but during a Tropical Storm, with winds gaining speed of over 60 mph., the LAST THING i think anyone wants to hear is this CRASH/THUD on the roof..then hear a rolling, thumping sound..that would all be the sound of the pine cone hitting the roof..and then rolling down the slope of said roof, and onto the ground..with a pleasant THUD. We were told to expect "sustained" winds somewhere in the 65 mph range..but in actuality the wind was somewhere near 40 mph. Not all that strong, but not just your basic breeze drifting thru the pines. As you can see from the shot of our front room window, the trees, standing as if to thumb their nose at the Great Wind Spirit, are none the worse for wear.

<<>> This little girl just about sat down on her couch and had a hysterical crying jag yesterday morning...

No, No -- there were no Horrid Things that happened to her family...
No, No -- there were no Horrid Things that happened to Sara The Dog...

~~ But if you look closely toward the right hand side of the photo..across the street (well, the dirt road...) you will see a little green and white sign..It's a Real Estate Agents sign. And Said Real Estate Agent is now in the process of trying to Sell the Woods across the Street. THE SAME WOODS THAT MADE ME WANT TO BUY THIS PLACE WHEN WE LOOKED AT THIS CABIN!!! WOODS!!! NOT ANOTHER HOUSE!!! DAYUMM!!!

I
did, however, sit rather unlady-like onto the love-seat, sorta with a thud of my own..and in something of a weak voice told tom >> "Oh My GHAD...the woods are for sale!!"

He had no idea of what I was talking about, 'till I made him walk out to the front room and take a gander for himself. He is not impressed.

The odd thing is, that one afternoon last week, some guy had started driving past our driveway, suddenly came to a near screaching halt..backed up his truck, stuck a camera phone out the driver window, and promptly took a picture of our cabin. At the time it scared the $^$" outta me, cause I thot all sort of terrible things were about to commence to me...Lord knows what...but it just freaked me out that some guy just took a picture of our little place. 'Course, I could believe that he was facinated with The Very Fine Automobile sitting in the driveway, but that probably was not what got him to take the picture. My guess is, he WAS THE REALTOR...taking a shot of our place to use for his sale pitch..that's my guess.

My heart is sad, I've grown to love looking at those woods so very, very much. They sing during the afternoon, when the afternoon breeze comes in off the Albemarle Sound, drifting up the river, gently caressing the pine trees. The Swamp Maples are starting to lose their leaves across the road, and the other hardwoods are starting to turn wonderful fall colors. And now somebody wants to build something in those woods. Yes, I know that it ISN'T my plot of land, so I have no voice in how it gets developed, or not developed..But I hate the idea of looking at another house. The builder of this little place purposely angeled the view from the windows so that they faced the woods to the front of the cabin, the back (or the side that faces the paved road & our driveway) the West side of the place...and then WHAM...the thot of staring at somebody's Something - or - other has me feeling very very sad. Tom sez, "We outta just buy the land just so nobody builds anything on it..." But I'm not sure of that.

So -- I'm going to go back to the current project on the Little Craft Table..and try to get that %^#$&$ blouse finished...NO!! It's not done yet,,OK???!!! yes it IS taking me forever to get it done...but at least over the weekend I had an excuse...There Was a Storm!! And I didn't wanna get all into sewing and then have the blasted electricity go out. >> At least the electricity didn't go out << But I still don't have that blouse done yet...

Oh HUSH about my blowing it off...Look -- I'm goin' over to the sewing machine now!!
Jeesh..

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to The fbi,cia,abc people doing their THANG across the other river from us...what the $%$#^& are they DOING??!!!

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

O! Sometimes I hate change but what are we supposed to do??!! I'd think again what Tom said about buying those woods! YOU never know, maybe they'll be your bestest friend ever! What are those other peeps doing, did YOU find out??? tee hee

LadyTulip said...

** Yup ** We are thinkin' about doin' something with that land. I need to call the realtor & see what's what.

~~~ As for those people across the other river from us ~~ We're not "Suppossed" to know what it is their doing...But they sure as &$*(^&$# make a LOT OF NOISE!!

L.