Sunday, September 28, 2008


Just WHEN is the time to finally say ENOUGH is ENOUGH, and break down and buy a new paint palatte??

ACKK!! -- I've been in the Art Stores, looked at new trays, bowls, platters, YOU NAME IT...and I just absolutely-can-not, I mean bring myself to buy a new tray. Even when I go into a thrift store, and I find some little delectable TRAY..or a Very Nice Plastic SERVING THINGIE... it's just like my brain sez, "NOOO!! You can't do THAT!! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING??"

>> Or -- maybe it's just because I'm cheap, an' don't wanna throw away the $2.95 I spent on this one while it waz on sale... <<<

Whatever
it is, Tom gets so angry and sez HORRID things about this pallat (Oh just hush on my spelling..) -- "Don't ya think it needs washing??" ""YOU THINK I HAVEN"T WASHED THIS THING A GAZZILLION TIMES??!!"

>> Or <<

"You know, when you go in the Art Store, YOU CAN BUY A NEW ONE OF THESE.."

What I wanna know, is just what is WRONG with this -- look at all it's been thru?!! I MEAN -- 2 moves -- I carried it around the house in The City when I'd be all flabergastted an' not knowing what to DO -- The Dog has stepped on it more times than I ever, EVAH wanna count. Plus there have been the times, when running from the dining room (in our old house) into the sunroom (That had been my studio) I'd COMPLETELY FORGET where this thing was, and without looking ahead of time, and RUNNING BAREFOOT, I' Would run right over the thing. And YES -- I'd Yell "^%:#&***$##%!"%...that HURTZ!!"

Actually, I'd yell a lot of other things, I mean THANGS -- but I will be polite and Not tell you what all those things were.

Lets just say this poor baby has had the TAR beat out of it -- But I can't bring myself to throw it away.

----------- So ------------ The question iz ---- just what do OTHER people do when this confronts them? >>>>>Throw the thing away? Buy a Much Larger One an' proceed to hope it will last for more than 5 months??

Or -- am I just too sentimental over things??

....Lady of The Tulips ....who is wondering what to DO now that the Regular Season of Baseball is Over...I mean OVAH!!... I'm thinking of wearing Black and going into Mourning...

2 comments:

suze said...

I hate getting rid of things. That palette is a piece of work! I think it's pretty cool looking. When in doubt use a styrofoam egg carton.

LadyTulip said...

>> Ah HA!! << Whatta great idea!! Thanx for the suggestion Suze!!

L.