Wednesday, September 10, 2008


Jus' want everyone to see how very, very rapid Sara moves thru the house on a daily basis...

>> Ok -- so maybe...
well she does get up an' move around every little now an' then. But this is how she normally is..if U take a gander by where my sewing machine is, you can see the blouse I've been workin' on...it IS getting nearly done...it's jus' that now I've got 3 projects on my little table, so the blouse is first on the list of things to get finished tomorrow...then my other THANGZ>>> I however..thot that once I got the basic parts of the blouse done, that I could just breeze along..well..there are other pieces that need to get sewn on TOO...my oh my..sometimes it REALLY REALLY HELPS TO READ ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS when sewing a pattern. Yes..I'll admit it -- I tried to ignore some of the directions, an' it set me back juuuust a bit. Well. Ok..a lot...THERE..it'll get done, I promise you.

The rain and wind have been at it here All Day Long. There is a cold front trying it's darn-dest to come down from whereever it comes from...and the hot humid weather we've had for days is having a Royal Battle with the dryer cooler air. We had a BIG OL' STORM this morning..tons of lightening and thunder..so naturally Sara was upset (Tho you wouldn't know it by how she looks laying by me on the studio floor..) Itried to sleep thru the storm, but finally gave up an' got a pot of tea goin'. No coffee. Tom drank the last of it so I had to fend for myself. But -- the drizzle/drippy/sprinklee stuff has gone on all day, leaving the papers on my work table to curl up from the humidity. My hair is trying to take off with 234.540 curls an' go somewhere else. The kitchen floor got mopped 3 times this morning, but it feels sticky from all the moisture in the air. I've got the windows open, 'cause even tho it's damp, dark and sticky, the temp outside feels a lot, lot better than the 88 degrees we've had for the last couple days. So now...the humidity is "Supossed" to go away, sometime tomorrow, leaving us with wonderful drier air. Ahh...I'll believe it when I wake up in the morning!!

Must go & check on the dinner -- got coated chicken pieces...a combination of bread crumbs and crumbed croutons...spin the croutons in a food processor, mix 'em with the bread crumbs...TTAAAA DDDAAAA!! ... there ya go!! Easy, fast & simple. Hey, look, this ol' girl is NOT gonna go overboard for a dinner, 'K??

Lady of The Tulips -- listening to some jazz out in the kitchen & living room...very, very nice.

2 comments:

turquoise cro said...

Hey! Girly! Is that sunflowers on your material??? I got some like it and made some curtains, now I have scraps, I'll be makin lil skirts for bluebirds and such! LOOK at that Sara gal! She has the life, doesn't she???!!! LOL She LOOKS soOOOOOOOoo comfy, she's making me sleepy! zzzzzZZZZ

LadyTulip said...

~~~ YES!! ~~~

Sunflowers!! Got the fabric for a Song, le' me tell ya!! Looks jus' right for this time o' year, dont ya think??!!

L.