Friday, September 26, 2008

~~ Just a quick note here to say We've gotten thru the Nor'easter, we're tired to pieces of hearing the wind whipping thru all the woodz, and now The Dog, little miss Sara, is trying to find a place to hide, because of all the noise across the river..something's going on with the CIA/FBI/CBS/NBC people again, and it drives our little pooch-iee about NUTZ!! ~~

Don' ya know, that once I hauled off and told Tom that I'm thinking about painting the bedroom, and definetly doing some WORK in the master bathroom, now he sez "Well!! An' you gotta get rid of those blind/hanging-thingies we got on those windows, too!!" **** NOTE TO SELF...DO NOT OFFER ANY EXTRA WORK THAT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DO WITHIN THE NEXT 2 MONTHS **** I think what I had in the back of my mind, was just sorta/kinda/maybe considering doin' a little bit of "Stuff" at a time. Like buying fabric to make some nice curtains for the bedroom. Sweet. Piece of cake. WELLL -- tom hauls off and takes THAT idea an' runs off with it like a pro-football player. I also made the mistake (all this within less than 10 minutes of each blurting statement..) of saying that I found some GREAT fabric on sale online thru a distributor of quilt fabric, household decorating fabric, etc., etc. -- so he (thatbeingTom) sez, "OK!!"when I say that some of said fabric runs over $10.00 per yard. Do I take his "ok" with a grain of salt, or do I ACTUALLY buy said fabric for more than I've paid for repairing certain parts on my Very Fine Automobile???

As I said, so much for shooting my mouth off.

>>> But all this really does need to get done. <<< The wallpaper in our bedroom is rather hideous. Cream and dark beige stripe, with contrasting stripe in a zig-zaggy pattern. Very old. Very pieced together like some poor drunk got into a fight with the walls and the walls won. And I won't EVEN get into the Stale Smoke Stains all OVAH all the walls, from one of the ex-persons-living-here-who-must've-chainsmoked-3-packs-per-day...Now it's the FUN!! QUICK!! work of taking down all that old wallpaper...

Wasn't there a song way back in the day that had lyrics something like, "Tell me why baby, why baby why, you made me cry baby, cry baby, cry baby cry??" Yeah..well that"s what I'm considering doing right about now.

But must go an' look at paint colors, so I cant take the time to have a good cry right about now...


Lady of The Tulips -- who Feels Every Right to haul off and have a Good Pity Party right about now. She's looking at the work that's suddenly piling up on her...

No comments: