Thursday, September 25, 2008


"We're In a Hurry" Spring Bay Studio 2006

The reason I've posted this piece is because at the monent, we are in the midst of a Nor'easter..LET ME TELL YOU!! And right as I type that, we get another gust of wind somewhere up around 45m.p.h. >>>

I woke up last night listening to the storm get itself REALLY going..And naturally couldn't get back to sleep. What sounds SO weird is when a branch comes crashing down out of one of the trees on our land. It first sounds like a huge swwwiissshhh sound coming down thru all the smaller branches, then an even louder BUMP!!, as the branch (es) hit the ground. Somewhat unerving. And when I see some of the birds trying their best to fly against the wind, well, they seem to be getting nowhere fast. And THAT brings me to this piece. These 2 are "In a Hurry", as if their very life depends on it -- not too unlike the birds outside battling with the wind gusts.

And naturally Tom has to go out of town in the middle of all this. BUT -- the good news is he has a 50,000 lb. load of Granite to take up to the Washington DC area. Some incredibly wealthy people are installing it in one of their McMansions. Hoo-rahh...at least Tom gets paid for hauling it up there...but the WIND!!! EEEKKKK>> he's definetly gonna be rockin' an' rollin' by the time it's all said an' done. Not so much with the full load, but EMPTY -- oh year. He wasn't too keen on the trip home this afternoon!

Just about done with my other project on the table. I've got to get 2 coats of paint on the canvas, then get it sprayed with a sealer. I made a HORRID discovery the other day. One of the "permanent" markers I've used for ever an EVAH has suddenly turned it's back on me. The markers decided they'd haul off and SMEAR ALL OVER >> I MEAN ALL OVAH!! the place, right when I was applying some matte medium. I realized I wasn't in the best of moods when watching the colors run, as I discovered I was sitting with my mouth hanging open, Well, that an' yelling at the same time, "WHAT ARE YOUDOING??!!" Even made Sara pick her head up an try to look and see what was the matter. But I've discovered another way around the mess, and covered up the smears, grabbed the spray paint can of matte sealeant and have used that for the final coat. HA!! TAKE THAT YOU PENS OF MESS!! -- shows them who's boss.

Must go see what is happening out in the front room. Noah's waiting for a phone call on a possible job offer (YEAHHH!!), The Dog is rattling around in the kitchen (always a bad sound -- she discovered she can stand on her back legs and check out what's on the kitchen counter..) and I'm clear in the back of the cabin. This may not be good>>>

Lady of The Tulips - who NOW hears somebody outside..yee gadz -- a SALESMAN..HERE??!!

No comments: