Thursday, February 25, 2010


"Love For You...Forever" ~ 2010 ~ Spring Bay Studio

Here's a little thing I finished yesterday - it's been sitting over on the work table for the last week, but it seems that a teeny bit of finishing-up just couldn't get done..no idea why. Guess it's 'cause I had this idea that if I drew in the last bit of ink that needed to be done...well, that would TOTALLY ruin the piece, and I'd be left to wallow in self pitty for the next 23,495 hours.

Or until tomorrow morning, when I'd realize that I have to get errands done in the next town over.

The errands, after all, can't be left to sit. Something like Not Having Milk in the house, can alter the interior attitude of the cabin beyound belief. I.E. ~ The other 2 who live here would make so much DAYUM noise, that it'd drive me out of my ever lovin' mind.

So - no place for self pity here ~ Thus, the last bit of stuff, or rather, touch up, has been done.

And why does it seem that something like that, just can't be done? ~ Is it like, the old days where the old-bag who taught Art in H.S., was lurking around your desk, ready to unload some horrid "critical thot" about your work?

Probably.

But it's not the case of some old bat ~ It's just my brain doin' weird things to me..or rather telling me it's being CRITICAL. Thus the stalling on a part of the canvas, that's no larger than 1/4". For Real.

Had me frozen in place, I'm tellin' ya!

So now I have to go see what Sara Beth is making noise about - probably wants to beg for some thing on the stove..sausage? ~ ! ~ I think Not!! ~ She's about as likely to get some of that, as I am of running around the front yard, singing "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" from the stage show "Oklahoma" -

Man, that'd be really ugllllieeeee..........

So, with that, I'm

Gone ~

Lady of The Tulips

5 comments:

Janet said...

You just gotta tell that inner critic to shut up! I think your piece looks beautiful!

Darla said...

Very nice, your inner critic should be satisfied with this I think.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Oh, thank you both! ~ Janet, I like the idea of saying Shut Up! ~ I need to do that much more often! And Darla, I think the Inner Critic has finally decided to sit down and be decent about this piece!!

Lauri

PrincessDipti said...

hey dear.. wud u mind if i'll say that plz leave some comments on any of my blog posts? not in the chatterbox.. but in the posts itself.. if u dont mind.. i need it for my grade. :) thanks a lot.. i'll be looking forward for your comment :)

and plus you're most welcome to be my follower. hehe. ur own choice..

LadyTulip said...

'K princess ~ ! ~ An' thanx for being here to see my little work, an' read about all my strange life here along the Shore - Have a great weekend!

Lauri