Thursday, February 18, 2010


"Sea" ~ 2010 ~ Spring Bay Studio

Here's one of the little canvases that got finished just the other day ~ Actually before the last snowfall hit. So, this was being worked on while I was bellyachin' about being cold and miserable..but now that it's all done, it makes me feel much warmer than the days I worked on it.

Being cold and miserable just isn't my style.

If ya know what I mean...

So, today I have another canvas that is drying over on the table - some teeny touches will be done in the morning, but for now I have to let the E-6000 set before I go and break loose any of the goodies I set on there. I have actually fallen in Love with that glue - it has made quite a difference with some of the little elements that I use in my work. I tried to use some other forms of glue, but within a day ~ o ~ 2, whatever I had glued on, decided that it was time to run away, and all the little beads, or shells, would haul off and fling themselves on the floor.

Not quite the way I had envisioned the piece turning out.

Nor did I anticipate stepping all over on said shells and beads the following morning, and issue-ing forth a tirade of words that will not be printed here.

Just take my word for it - it was not good.

So now, there are some other papers that have gotten my attention, and I'll get to those later ~ but for now I have to go check the woodstove - We actually have temps today close to normal - I think it's 'bout 45 or so, SO - that's close enuf to WARM for me - considering how chilly it has been.

And I won't go into the strong winds we've also been having the last couple dayz..too bad it's not time to fly a kite...OH ~ that'd be fun..but maybe later!

Gotta run ~

Lady of The Tulips

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You recognize, people each time enact comments when anything is predicted to prove in 2012, like “obviously that is if the world is still here.” You do realize that the Mayans prognosticate the world will end on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all distinct possibility if anything is booming to turn up in 2012 there is only the slimmest possibility that the everybody hand down secure ended forward of it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net/global_economic_crisis_2012.html
]eschatology 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012