Wednesday, February 10, 2010

W.I.P. ~ Spring Bay Studio

Here's what's been goin' on over on the little work table..inbetween the work on the Bus and takin' care of Sara Beth ~

Actually every day is a day of taking care of Sara Beth ~ In way too many ways, that dog acts just like a 2-year old, and it get's me worn out, those dayz where she acts like she's getti' ready to pitch a fit..or throw herself on the floor in an absolute temper tantrum..

An' she's a DOG, for cryin' out loud...

So - in with her actin' THAT WAY - an' messin' with my Bus things, this little canvas is tryin' really really hard to get finished. I'm not sure what to do with a couple of elements that I have sitting behind me, but they will probably get on the canvas..little things that to date haven't gotten a home they can call their own.

So maybe this canvas will be their new home..

Jus' can't decide.

But onto other news - We had the most STRANGE snow shower this morning...the sky got all creepy black and the wind picked up...the sky looked like it was ready for something like in the movie "The Crawling Eye", an' it very nearly made me want to go hide in the center of the house..like a tornado was comin' or somethin'...

Then it snowed like a wild animal cut loose from the gates of Hell...just blew all over the place, slammed on the rooftops, the hood of The Very Fine Automobile got covered with about 1/8 " of the stuff...

Then it all stopped.

An' the sun came out, and all the snow melted.

Go Figure.

But it looked so very frightening for those 3 minutes..made me wonder if there was going to be some kind of loud voice booming out of the sky or something.

But that did NOT happen, I'm very glad to say. But now we have very very strong winds..tom called earlier and said that the wind is blowing the trucks all around like their tinker toys..the cranes at the Ports can't work 'cause the wind's too strong..

An' a friend called to say her car was beginning to shake, rattle and roll all over the highway. And it sounds outside like it's only getting stronger, this wind that seems to come up from out of nowhere.

So it looks like any painting I was going to get done in the Bus will have to wait till tomorrow. Aint no way I'm goin' outside an feel like I'm out on the open ocean is a rough gale.

Yes, I'm chicken. An' proud to say so!!

But for now, I gotta check some stuff in the dining room..an' make sure the fire is still goin' whoo-hoo in the woodstove. Hate when it goes out an' it's as cold outside as it is...yuck.

I'm gone...................


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Darla said...

Looking very beachy. Good antidote for all the white stuff that is falling outside your window.

Darla

LadyTulip said...

Oh Darla, you got it! ~ More Beachy is what I'm callin' for! ~ Away with the Cold & Hello to the Warm Weather!! Yay!

Lauri

Sharon P Pope said...

This piece is one of my favorites that you have created, Tulip. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun in your bus too. Stay warm! :)