Thursday, February 04, 2010

~~ Well, so again, no photo ~~

Tha's 'cause I'm too lazy today to go and hunt down the camera, an' then climb in the closet an' dig out the collages that I've made this last week ~ I think that all the snow got to me, an' it's made my brain say that it's time for something a little different, but not different like SNOW !

Ok, now, I know there are some of you who live where it SNOWS all the time, an' your sayin' to yourself, "Whoa, whatta wimp!"

Well let me tell ya somethin' - along the shore here, there just isn't snow - an' when there is, things like businesses, schools and places all OVAH jus' flat shut down. An' don't open till, say April 15th..

Ok, so I exagerated about April 15th - BUT - Things do close down, an' in my case, I think the total suprise of all that snow just made my brain want to shut down as well..As far as doing things that I normally do..when it's a little warmer, and the urge to go and hibernate isn't so strong.

>> SO << What that all means, is that maybe tomorrow I'll get the pictures on here of the latest works..right now I'm sorta-kinda-up to my ears and eyeballs in curtains..painting some goodies for the interior of The Bus, and getting some sanding done on the paneling of said Bus ~ It's a lot more than I bargained for, but at the same time, it's really been a lot of fun - Especially when the cost is close to ZERO for all of the goodies I'm puttin' together. The only fly in the ointment, is that once I got the old quilt/comforter out of the closet, I took a better look at the poor thing.

Seems when we moved down here, some of the pieces of furniture needed something to wrap around them, an' since we didn't think to rent or whatever, a couple of those big blanket things from the moving place, Tom & Noah did the next "best" thing, an' without my knowing it, they used the quilt for wrapping around something BIG ~ I've got no clue what they had, but that poor quilt looks like it lost the battle really, REALLY BADLY ~

I mean, like it probably threw up the white flag somewhere along Ocean Highway, but since it was in the back of
the moving van, there was no one to witness the act of giving up. So, now it's sitting in the bottom of the closet, once again, having struck me numb with the shock of seeing it all tore UP ~ (Or is that down??!) ~~ Either way, this actually gives me a GOOD REASON to go to the thrift store tomorrow, where they have a really good collection of quilts..most of them for LESS than $10.00 ~ !! ~ For Real. So, with that an' buuying the stain/poly that I need to finish the wood panneling, I'm just about ready to unveil the Bus -

WHOO - YAHHH!! -

But tha's all I gotta yak about for the moment..I've got to make another butterfly (I'll show that little bug later..) an' get some ageing done on some other things...

Seems like somewhere all of this will make sense. I know it will, but for now it seems kinda chaotic..or maybe it's just me an' the paint fumes..HA!!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: