Saturday, March 21, 2009

>> Finally!! <<

We've gotten thru this rancid week!! -- I'm telling you WHAT -- there were moments where it seemed like something was going to swallow me up an' spit me into the Albemarle Sound...honest and for real!

Tom talked with his Boss yesterday morning, and the manager had a change of heart!! WOW!! le' me say that again...WOW~~!! We are sooo relieved, it's unreal.

We'd gotten a call on Thursday night from one of tom's driver co-workers, and he said that the other drivers were pretty much up in arms about Tom not coming back to work for the remainder of the week. He said the Manager had a Staff Meeting, (which is nothing more than a 45 minutes Rant on All Things Trucking..) but didn't say anything about Tom coming back to work. That really made some of the drivers Pissed Off-- in the words of our friend, "Tom's the most reliable guy we've got, an' the management wants to lay him OFF??!!"

There were other rants from the drivers, too, but they won't be printed here..

What tipped the scales in Tom's favor, is that the Corporate Office was, yes, totally going on the DOLLARS of the incident. They have no idea of who tom is, what his work ethic is, how he comes in early, drives out of state, gives other drivers help and directions when they need it...Nope. It was all totally based on Economics. Made both Tom & I have that warm, fuzzy feeling...NOT!! But the deciding factor, had to be decided my tom's boss, and he just couldn't make himself put tom out the door. He knows that his hands are tied a LOT of times when he needs somebody to drive out of state for the day. Tom's never hesitated. Most guys come up with the Most LOUSY excuses..none of which are worth the effort to type out here...So, he went with how he sees tom work on a daily basis.

We are now left wondering what's going to happen on Monday -- the Boss has only said, "I gotta plan for ya.." --- ANYBODY have any clue what the #%}^}! that's supossed to MEAN??!! No wonder my nerves are twitching these dayz...

But we ARE SO GRATEFUL that tom still has a job...we read in the local paper about the unemployment numbers for this area...our county is at 12% --- one of the counties on the Outer Banks is 17%..not like there's a chance to find Suitable Employment in this region...

Shwoo...

So, needless to say, the Art has been somewhat shoved off the end of the table for the last couple days...but I wanna get a shot of my latest canvas on here probably Monday. Today I have to get some fabric, clean the kitchen, vacuum the floors, make a salad for the monthly Pot Luck Dinner at the "Clubhouse" -- (it's just a big ol' building where there are meetings..tho the title makes it sound Rather Grand..) AND plant up some pepper seeds, 'maters, and squash in my teeny ittle potts...

What's it like to sit around the house an' do nothing??!!

I WANNA KNOW!!

Must run an' get Stuff Done...

Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

What good news...I am so glad and relieved for you. Now you can get back to your creating...which is hard to do when you're stressed over something that affects your life...like your spouse's job.

LadyTulip said...

>>TELL me about it!! <<

We are feeling like we can Breathe again. I had no idea how stressed out I was 'till I slept in after 8:00 in the morning!!

L.

turquoise cro said...

Phew! I can sigh a breath of relief too Lady!!! My husband's workplace voted that 4 day work week down, the sad news is a lay-off. They keep chipping away at health benifits, insurance benifits for burial, always taking away now instead of giving, it's something just to keep a job! Thank GOD, your Tom kept his!!! ALLELUIA!!!