Tuesday, March 24, 2009


~~ Ok, I admit this little guy is sorta/really..REALLY blurry --

BUT!!

I've been hearing some sorta scratching noise in our stovepipe all morning long, and it dawned on me that there must actually BE something in said stovepipe to make the noise...

And by the looks of this guy, I thot maybe it was him...I mean, look at HIM --- standing there all proud and arrougant...or however that word is spelled.

But I digress -- or actually I haven't said FLIP yet at all...SO --- we are much releaveed -- no, Re-leafed...NO --RELIEVED that Tom is back working this week. He said yesterday that the drivers were looking like they got the manager to be a Nice Guy for a change and keep Tom with the company. The oddball--weird--pisses-me-off thing about the "safety Manager" who DEMANDED tom be fired...WELL -- seems that he is ALSO employed not only by the Insurance Company who insures the trucking company, BUT -- he is also AN EMPLOYEE of said trucking company...in other words, he has 2 incomes from one place.

Now -- I ask you -- does this strike you as SOMETHING like a CONFLICT OF INTEREST??!! -- Well --- apparently it does to a lot of the drivers of the company, as THAT is one of the Big Beefs they had with the Manager of the office. Some schmow who A) Doesn't drive a truck, and B) -- has no idea of what goes on inside a truck, of Anything Else Close...has the power to make one lose their job. Combine all of that with Tom's incident, and there are a LOT of drivers very very angry right about now. I nearly fell over when I was told these little incidents. But -- big money is getting so out of control these dayz, that somethings are just left unanswered.

Makes ya REALLY sick of these fat cats just continually plowing over the little guy...I just hope I'm not around when it all comes back and smacks them upside the head...

So Tom spent the day with one of the other managers..they had a very nice time, and the manager couldn't understand why the dude in the Corporate Office was being such a #}^(+@! -- but who knowz...Tom sez he will be getting a new phone/blackberry type item sometime in the next week or so, as with all the other drivers..this will enable them to process their trucks and freight much faster and let them get additional loads of freight a much sooner than they are now. A win-win situation for everybody...

With all the Fun & Games with tom and his pals...I've been somewhat behind in my ART -- and to top it off, Noah took my camera last week, and I haven't seen it since..No --I did see it on the kitchen bar this morning just before Mutt & Jeff left for work...and I wanted to download my latest canvas on HERE -- but noah took the camera with him..(???!!) in his backback, so I'm left with just this little dude on the top of the page, looking like an old GRUMP -- my last good nerve left town somewhere in the middle of the night, leaving me with a Willy Nelson song stuck in my head..

"It's a Bloody Mary Morning, baby left me without warning
Sometime in the niiiight...."

That's it from here..I'm gonna go check on the dog an' have another cup of coffee...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: