Friday, March 06, 2009



W.I.P. -- Here's one of the latest projects that I slapped together this last week. I can't, for whatever reason, preview it without it getting erased today...there is something amiss with my computer and blogger. I guess they are having an arguement an' my poor little fishies are stuck in the middle of the situation.

The Boat shown is one that Tom nearly bought. I mean, there was one that was close to this color, and some years ago it seemed like a really good idea. At the time. Fortunately there was some SENSE brought about, and the boat and the person trying to sell it were never seen or heard from again. Thank the Stars in the sky. We DID however, have a spiffy little 14 ft. boat that we'd take up on the local lake and have a great time. Sometimes we even caught fish!! How About That??!!

Well. It seemed pretty neat then.

>> And on to other news << Oh Blast!! There's that squirrel again!! Where does that little creature live, anyway? Near my house??!! Everytime I turn around, there that thing is!! Yikes.

Ok -- sorry about the distraction...le's see -- OH!! -- if I can get some little pieces of fabric sewed on to my apron, then I'll get a picture of that to post on here. I got the body of the apron done, some pockets, a clever little piece for a yoke, and a nice floaty flounce along the bottom. I hand-stitched the flounce on yesterday while I was watching some house-remodel program on t.v. -- got the sewing done, but wasn't impressed with the remodel the people did on their house. One outta two things goin' good aint bad!! I've got another pattern for an apron that's sitting on the work table, but I haven't decided which fabric to use for that one. I've got some fabric that a friend gave me nearly 20 years ago. For Real. An' I haven't ever EVAH used it. This new pattern may be just the one to use the fabric with. The friend had brought some 5 or more boxes of fabric with her when she moved down from Ill., and it had belonged to her mother. Well -- the mother didn't want it after all, and the friend didn't know what to do with it. So, Taa-Daa!! - I got some of the stuff, an' have been usin' bits and pieces of different fabrics ever since. EXCEPT for the one that I have on my mind. It's a cotton, very floaty and loaded with flowers. Cute without being OVERLY cute. If that makes any sense..(An believe me, lottsa these days I have a hard time making senze...) SO -- that's what's in the Works...

I gotta run an' check on the dog -- Noah isn't working today, 'cept in the garden!! YES!! It's WARM here today -- the thermometer on the Deck sez 68 DEGREES!! SAY WHAT??!! yup an' for Real. So, Noah checked the soil earlier today, to make sure it wasn't still Frozen. It REALLY had been earlier in the week, what with that Lovely Plunge in the temps -- so once he decided it was soft enuf, he went outside this morning, an' started turning under some of the mulch and leaves he piled on the garden earlier in the Fall -- it looks Wonderful!! Really and For True. I LOVE the smell of a fresh dug garden. Ahhh..something about it just brings me back to my childhood w/my dad. He LOVED to garden! -- Plum Trees were REALLY big after he planted them!! -- An' tropical Palms!! -- Oh Boy!! -- he had a couple that got HUGE!! -- But that was in San Diego, so that kind of climate should make ANYTHING grow good!!

So -- we're starting to get the soil ready for planting...got SEEDS yesterday!! -- an' then some more mulch an' STUFF on the garden an' by time it's warm enuf to plant, the soil will be REALLY GOOD!! -- Now...as long as the bunnies don't EAT EVERYTHING!!! -- I'll fix them...!!

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: