Monday, March 09, 2009

>>There is a bit of breeze this afternoon, an' it feelz absolutely DEVINE!!<<

The temps outside have been in the upper 70's all day, and when I looked at the thermometer in the laundry room, it was reading 80 just over an hour ago!! That's just so weird, after all the COLD we had most of the last 4 weeks. It's kinda freakin' me out, 'cause whenever it gets like this, then we have the most horrific thunderstorms. High, high winds, tornadoes, all those fun and groovy stuff. I just hope that the weather doesn't turn nasty tonight. So, for now I'm enjoyin' the warm weather!

~~ On to other things ~~ I found some of my dried flowers that I brought down from the city. Ihad 2 stuffed zip-lock bags of dried marigold flowers, that I wanted to get the seeds from. I'm so glad I found all of those. I spent the morning on Saturday cleaning out the seeds, and getting them all put in a nice big jar. Once I get the 2nd bad cleaned out, I'm gonna start shaking the seeds all around the yard, so we'll have a nice batch of color in the different flower beds. I also spent part of this morning puttin' some seeds in my plastic pots. There 3 1/2 " pots, just the right size for starting plants in. I bought those some 8 - o - 9 years ago, an' they've really held up pretty well. They were pretty cheap -- something like 50 pots for $15.00 -- maybe less $$. I think by the end of this spring I'll have to break down and buy some new pots, 'cause of transplanting so many veges, and flowers over the years, the walls of the pots have gotten pretty cracked an' beat up. I found some similiar pots for just under $8.00, for I think 25 pots. Can't remember how many, but the PRICE is just right!! That order will go out this weekend. I set up 4'O'Clocks, nasturtiums, hollyhocks and something else that I just went blank on. We have some GREAT windows in the master bedroom, that get a TON of afternoon light, so the seeds should pop in within the week or so. At least that;s what I'm HOPING!! this warm weather has me all a-buzz with optimisim for SPRING PLANTING!!!

Got some tomato seeds in the mail last week, but those won't get planted till maybe the last of the month. The weather is juuust a little too unpredictable for me to try an' start them quite this early. Well, I could plant them now indoors, but I wouldn't set them outside till at LEAST the middle of April. We DO have some cold storms that come blasting outta Somewhere during that part of April. An' sometimes in May, too. Those UnWordly Storms that come sweeping outta who knows WHERE..swooshing all the plants in the garden into little blobs of mush. Frozen and horrid looking. Ick, Ick, Ick. So -- the 'maters will wait till I'm SURE it aint gonna do THAT!!

Must go -- The Dog is making some weird sounds in the hallway...I think. She may be in the laundry room, trying to sneak out the back door...tha' little creep...sheesh..


Lady of The Tulips

No comments: