Monday, March 16, 2009



Noah went outside the other day an' took a picture of the wonderful tree we have alongside the dirt road that runs past our little cabin. I'm not too sure what type tree it is, but I think it's a Tulip Tree. The University I attended in Calif., had a long walkway past the main cafeteria and bookstore, with several of these trees planted alongside. It was so fabulous to walk to class in the spring, and look at the color, an' also smell the unreal blooms of a wisteria vine that also grew along an arbor overhead closest to the cafeteria. I sometimes wonder what happened to all of those plants, as the University system came along and remodeled all of the area. Makes me sad to think something as beautiful as this tree would be torn out. But whatta I know?

I've also posted a shot of the apron that I put together last week. It has several different pieces that needed to all come together Just Right, in order for the pattern to become one full apron. That's not so bad, but some of the sewing included "On a Diagonal, stitch #9 piece including the edging.." and this was more than once. For Those of You with wonderful math skills, figuring out a diagonal is a piece of cake. But for somebody like me, who looks at a ruler an STILL has trouble figuring out inches, well, this little "Easy" bit of sewing nearly drove me off the deep end. In the end, tho, I finally got it put together, and stitched up the long ties that go around the waist, and added the smaller ties around the neck.

Needless to say, that's probably the hardest pattern I've ever, EVAH put together. I still need another apron, but the extra pattern I bought needs more fabric than Ihave in my stash, so that one isn't gonna get put together for a while. $$ being tight the way they are with EVERYBODY, we are no exception. BUT -- next week should be a tad better, an' then I can order some fabric online.

The other project that needs finishing is a canvas that's just about ready for it's matte medium. I thot about workin' out one that I have had on the table for a couple weeks..but it just isn't jellin' for me, so that one got put away in the hutch, an' is keeping the other canvases company. This newer one should be much easier for me. That's what I'm HOPING...

Sara went an' done DID a DUMMY-Thing last night. Well, actually it's tom's fault.

I'd been tellin' tom to take the trash to the dump, as we don't have trash pickup here in the county. He'd been sayin' all day on Saturday, "I'm workin' on it.." an' would go off an' do something else. Same thing all day yesterday.

I'd say to him, "You need to take the trash to the dump, 'cause when sara goes outside, she's gonna try an' get in that stuff..."

An' Tom would say to me, "I'm workin' on it..."

And nothing would happen...

EXCEPT -- when he let the dog outside last night, right when I was in the middle of putting together a nice fish chowder. While I as cutting onions, potatoes and fish, he let sara out, an' I naturally had no idea. Sooo..when the cat's away, the mice will play, as the saying goes...

The little BRAT got in the trash, an' by the time Tom went outside to let he come in the house, she was standing in a pile of SOMETHING, that she was eating, very pleased with herself, and altogether having a wonderful time.

I nearly jumped out of my skin, when I realized that she was A) Outside, and B) that she was outside LONG ENOUGH to get into said trash...

I yelled something at tom, which I Won't print here, but it WAS quite good at the time. He in turn, yelled at The Dog to get out of the trash, and while she was turning around to walk away from the pile she had made, tom realized she'd been eating SOMETHING...

I threw a TOTAL fit...he said it looked like she'd gotten into some old pork bones that had been in the bottom of the trash bag, but he wasn't sure...she may have eaten some old chickenbones, too. Either way I was a Complete Wreck. All I could think was that her stomach was going to end up like swiss cheese, with the little-razor-blades-pieces of bones slicing their way down inside of her.

Tom said it was "Nothing to Worry About..." an' proceeded to let me know that I was being a Complete Idiot for worrying about the dog...

I went to bed before 8 p.m. --

BUT THE GOOD NEWS -- is that SAra is quite fine today...whatever it WAS that she ate, went thru her, an' she doesn't seem the worse for wear. As for ME -- I slept about as lousy as a person could TRY an' "sleep" -- kept waking up from some HORRENDOUS nightmares...but that's all another story.

Sara is Good Today..well, I mean, she is Still a Spoiled LittE Girl/Doggie, but that's much better than any other outcome, under the circumstances.

AND -- with that I need to go -- It's lunchtime, an' tom is suppossed to call & let me know if the drivers will actually have a FULL DAY OF WORK -- last week they did, for the first time since the year started..it's been REALLLY slow...no freight at ALL -- not sure what this means for the summer season, but from the Port side of things. it looks pretty slim...

Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yup...I believe it is a tulip tree...very pretty.
We have a tulip tree...but doubt if it will bloom this year, since the nasty squirrels ate all the buds. They're not satisfied to eat the corn I put out in the yard for them and the seeds in the bird feeder...they want to eat my tulip tree buds and my tulip bulbs underground...the nasty little hairy boogers...so destructive!

LadyTulip said...

>>Oh those squirrels!! <<

They bother me No End -- and the Deer have begun showing up more often in our backyard, so all the flowers are at risk!! Ack!!

Every time I see a squirrel, I try to chase it away an' yell Loudly at 'em...

L.

LadyTulip said...

>>Oh those squirrels!! <<

They bother me No End -- and the Deer have begun showing up more often in our backyard, so all the flowers are at risk!! Ack!!

Every time I see a squirrel, I try to chase it away an' yell Loudly at 'em...

L.