Wednesday, March 25, 2009

>> No picture today, as Noah has done something with the camera, an' now I gotta figure out how to switch some of my shots to another file..or some weird ThaNg..<<

I've got a canvas finally done...got some papers cut for a current canvas, an' have a nice little sketch ready to paint..it's waiting over on my table for me. An' here I am sittin' around doin' nothing with my Art...'cept lookin' around at what other people are doin' --

I try not to feel discouraged with how I see other work being done...It makes me feel like I'm only a kid again, tryin' to do what everybody else is doing, but my work looks horrid. Something like what I did for a show when Iwas in elementary school. I painted a nice little building..a house, I think. It got entered into the show...got all nicely placed on a display table..and one of the teachers came along, an' tells me, "Well, isn't that nice! When you get up into at least the 3rd grade, I bet you can really start to make some good things!!"

I was in the 4th grade...

Needless to say, that was one of many comments made to me about my Art -- not much to look at, but, hey, it "Looks Nice" -- but let's not bet the house on it. That kinda thing.

So, I'm workin' thru all that Negative -- throwing it out the window.

So what If my work isn't like somebody elses?? -- I'm Certainly NOT like anybody else, an' Thank the Stars in Heaven. I'd hate it if I HAD to be a copycat...

But there are days where I want to BE like everybody else...making fabulous ART that takes your breath away...but I guess it's just all "In the Works.." -- the art is gettin' close, but not quite there.

Or maybe it IZ there, but just not quite...something...Kinda like half a bubble off.

Well -- onward to the painting,..my watercolours are sittin' waiting patiently.

And tomorrow I'll tell ya about the little bird that was in the stovepipe..an' how he came to see me...for real..


Lady of The Tulips

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I remember one time I had painted a bowl of fruit painting to enter in our fair when I was in high school. My teacher had me go around to all the classrooms and collect the art from those who were entering the fair. I was carrying mine with me as I went to each classroom. One teacher held mine up to the class...said it was nice, but told them everything that she thought was wrong with it...made me feel very inadequate. It's teachers like this that really squelch the creativity of our youth. Thank goodness, I survived her negative comments. I was a much better teacher than she was.

turquoise cro said...

O! I think we all feel that way girly! I want to learn so many techniques, it makes my head almost spin off! tee hee Tell that Noah to give back your camera already!!! See, I told YOU, birdies are rascals always looking to build a nest in the wrong place!!! Give that dog a big hug for me today! I'd loved to been there seeing her ears perk up when that birdie was scratching and making all that ruckus! tee hee

LadyTulip said...

>> Carolyn -- I have to admit, some teachers just don't have some understanding of what children need in order to grow as students, artists or musicians. And yes, I think you must have been a Much Better Teacher!!

Turquoise Cro !! -- I'm grumpin' at Noah about my camera! OOOhhh it drives me to distraction when he does things like this!!

The Dog is still getting Bad Looks from me -- that poor little birdie!!

L.