Friday, March 27, 2009


>> "Here In Our World" << 2009

Here's one of the canvases I finished just this week -- I think it was on monday. I got the rest of the paint on it, got it all cleaned up an' here 'tis

The other canvas I have is drying as we speak..uhm...write? -- well, anyway, it's just over THERE -- on the table, minding it's own business. Which is more than I can say for The Dog -- she's been a little BRAT today -- every time there is some noise from the navy experimental station across one of the peninsula (sp) she absolutely throws a coniption fit...starts acting like IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD..all that. Drives my nerves to their breaking point..

Now, where was I? --

Oh Yeah -- the canvas is drying over yonder, and some of the fabric I've chosen for it is getting set too - some greens, pale turquoise, and soft blues are all over on the table, looking not too bad. The hardest thing this last week, is to try and concentrate on Summer-Type work. The colors that I chose are a good thing to take my mind away from the lousy weather..rainy, rain-sloppy-glop outside. I mean, it's hard to think something like "We've Been Havin' Fun All Summer Long" -- when it's 43 Degrees, rain is falling, the clouds are skirting along the treetops, the Dog doesn't even want to go outside, and my little heater in the studio is not, I mean NOT keeping the room warm enuf so that my fingers can move the way they SHOULD!! --

That was a wayy tad too rant-ish, now, wasn't it? -- But tho I've digressed A LOT -- I just am TRYING VERY HARD to say I'm painting, painting..cutting fabric...and inbetween all this, watching a little bit of Spring Training Baseball from the warm..WARM state's of Florida and Arizona...

Maybe that's why it's so hard to concentrate on making Summer Looking Canvases, when it's WARM SOMEWHERE ELSE...and here my thermometer is barely out of the 40's...

When I least expect it, the temps are gonna shoot thru the roof, an' I'm gonna be suprised like there's no tomorrow.

But >> There IS gonna be a tomorrow -- my fabric that I ordered on Monday got cut in the warehouse on Tuesday, and was shipped out yesterday. So, in THEORY it should be here by Wed. of next week -- I've got another peasant blouse pattern all picked out..very loose and dreamy looking. And -- I might add -- much much less to make than the "SALE" price of one of the largest dept. stores across the country. Theirs is "ON SALE!" for $19.00 -- mine, which is the same pattern...$8.99 for the fabric...HA!! -- I love saving money!!

Must go an' get some dishes finished -- it's starting to rain again, so I need to make sure some potting soil is not too flooded. It's gonna be used this weekend to pot up some tomoatoes, peppers and some additional flowers.

Even tho we had a HERD OF DEER in the side yard this morning (there they are!! Meandering around like they own the place...sheesh) And now tom just called an' said that he's on his way home..an' do I have something for dinner??! -- the fun never endz...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: