Monday, July 06, 2009


~~ For the life of me, I can't figure out why this picture came out lookin all weird and yellowwieee -- maybe it's because there will be a full moon tomorrow..yeah, tha's what it is..

Actually I wanted to get a shot of this little guy that sits over on my antique hutch, 'cause the little babiee is just so darn cute -- he's made out of brass, i think, and is pretty heavy -- i looked around the entire piece trying to see if there's a brand name somewhere on the piece that sez where it was made, but so far there hasn't been anything discovered. The whole thing is actually a lamp part..on the underside is the holes for stringing in the wires, and the top of his little head is where you would put the finial..our middle son got this for me some time ago at one of the local antique/junk shops..for something like 95 cents. Whoa. I love to just sit an look at the baby, and try and think of what the manufacturer had considered when they were making this. And of course, the FISH -- !! -- Another WHOA!!

>> As for the holiday, it was very very quiet around here -- tom, being the grump A-- he is, didn't want to go and watch any firework displays,so we just sat and listened to all the fireworks going off over at the Clubhouse. 6 blocks away, an tom didn't want to go over there..naturally the dog was beside herself with all the noise, and nearly tore the door off of our bathroom, trying to get in the room...beats me why she chose that room to go and hide in, but I am not a person who sits and tries to figure our dog out on a daily basis. My brain would smoke too much from the overload with the weird things that dog does. <<

Dan, the oldest, came down and barbequed the most AWSOME dinner for us -- he had the local butcher by his apt., cut some steaks for us that were an inch thick..must be nice being a bachelor & afford that kind of cost!! But he was more than happy to get the steaks for us, and I made up a big ol batch of potatoe salad and some beans..all the trimmings with each one!! YUM!! Yup -- after eating all that you better believe I went on my bike ride!! SHWOO!!

Got some more done on the abstract I've been pieceing together (man I really butchered that spelling..) -- over on the work table -- I hope the camera will take a better picture of that for the post tomorrow. Le's HOPE SO!!

Must run and get some fibers attached, an need to get my glass of water too.

Lady of TheTulps

2 comments:

PennyBlue said...

Enjoyed catching up LT. My dog barked all night long on the 4th! I dont know who was louder- him or the fireworks! Otherwise all was quiet here too. Just chillin on the porch. Happy Wednesday...miss ya!

LadyTulip said...

~~Hi Bluejude!!~~

Missin' you too!! -- yeah, it's been real quiet here too. Finally the neighbors have run out of fireworks, so it's a lot less stressful on poor Miss Sara!!

L.