Thursday, July 16, 2009


Look At Them!! -- Yay!! -- 'Maters are comin' along in the garden now, and they are gettin' me Huunngry for some fresh salsa, an' all things nummy.

We've picked a few that looked like they weren't going to make it, mainly 'cause they got bumped off the vines, so noah felt sorry for them an' brought the little paste 'maters in the house. I cooked 'em down an' made some stewed tomatoes the other night, with chili powder, pepper an' garlic. YUM!! - mixed those in the pot with the Cowboy Goulash an' we stuffed ourselves. As you can see, the 'maters are starting to get big, an' my hope is that they will get taller than this. Right now their 'bout 2 1/2 ' high..maybe I'm just impatient, but I want them BIG!! NOW!!

Patience has never been one of my stronger points...

But onto other things -- Tom sez that the ports are starting to get more freight in, so that may bode well for this Fall -- This time of year is when all the Fall and Christmas items get sent from overseas, an' then shipped to Distribution Centers, and then to company warehouses for their final trip to your local stores -- Department, Home Improvement..whatever. This may be a sign that our poor economy is slowly turning the corner from the nightmare it's been going thru for the past year. I just hope that it's a sign that's going to STAY from now on!! Too many people are too hurt from the Greed-Heads that started all this 2 years ago...I just hope THOSE people are giving themselves a good talking to!!

Not much else is goin on -- I'm not gonna tell what's over at the work table...it'll be a suprise!! HEE!! You'll just have to Wait and See...

Lady of The Tulips

No comments: